Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
But most of the clubs in this league dont go and spend an extra 12m for a guarenteed goal scorer. Or they'd all have done it. Unfortunately unless you are minted and buying proven 12-25m isnt much difference
Scouting is the answer though i agree. . And a bit of luck. Like forest seem to have been with Awoniyi so far.
I wish we could do scouting like Brighton too, shopping all over the world for Japanese wingers and Ecuadorian midfielders. but we don't or can't.

it's almost like the board don't trust our scouts too, and would u?

Dont have a problem with the player as backup. Just dont understand why we didnt pay a bit more last year instead of going for Maupay who never suited us. If we get him for £12-15m we will have spent around £30m on two short term backups. That could have got us 1 better player.

But i get that we had to work in a budget. Just a bit frustrating. I do think he will offer much more than Maupay but its not that hard really.
Buying a player for ‘backup’ is like saying best case scenario he doesn’t play.

He will play more games than Lewin so he is no backup.

Well then give them a fair comparison and compare their records in the PL and Championship where they've both played majority of their careers.

Maupay (PL+Champ): 2.57 games per goal, 1.95 games per goal involvement
Adams (PL + Champ): 2.87 games per goal, 1.99 games per goal involvement

Maupay (Career): 2.54 games per goal, 1.96 games per goal involvement
Adams (Career): 2.67 games per goal, 1.94 games per goal involvement

So basically, the only way Maupay is better than Adams is if we get relegated, which we'd have a greater chance of doing playing Maupay, cracking.

Maupay (PL+Champ): 2.57 games per goal, 1.95 games per goal involvement
Adams (PL + Champ): 2.87 games per goal, 1.99 games per goal involvement

Maupay (Career): 2.54 games per goal, 1.96 games per goal involvement
Adams (Career): 2.67 games per goal, 1.94 games per goal involvement

So basically, the only way Maupay is better than Adams is if we get relegated, which we'd have a greater chance of doing playing Maupay, cracking.

The broader point here is why're we signing a striker who's marginally (at best) better than what we've currently got?

What boggles the mind is that the posters who were adamant that we were ending up with Adams and dismissing links to Beto, Ekitike and Toure as impossible and having no point going for, are now having kittens because it looks like we are signing Adams and are questioning not going for Beto etc

Because he's cheap and has a lot of qualities our manager desires in a striker.
That is it really is the dof choice has wanted him since lampard. Think none of us really happy about him coming in, hopefully we can keep dcl fit and chimitti adapts. I do think he will do ok here adams but wanted better. If this is the last transfer we make i would not be happy. Really need a gnonto or another young wide forward then i would see why the club have got adams

Status
Not open for further replies.