2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
…is that you, Thelwell? Only he could be content with relying on DCL & his failure to acquire a striker in the last 3 windows.
Just me being optimistic. And Im certainly not content with DCL only as I stated. Not sure Thelwell is the issue here . Its the other clowns that are happy for us to fail again

Dunno if its a cop out but I blame Lampard for rushing him back which had a knock on effect on a lot of his injuries last season. Dyche has been very tentative and for what we've heard, quite honest with him. Telling him to take his time and be ready. Yeah we saw, towards the end of last season when he broke down again but as a fanbase the majority of us know that he improves our team. When he plays we are a much better unit because he works hard in both boxes. Maybe with a back up there would be less pressure, who knows? But we need DCL in this team and failing that its gotta be a signing whos of a similar profile.

Dunno if its a cop out but I blame Lampard for rushing him back which had a knock on effect on a lot of his injuries last season. Dyche has been very tentative and for what we've heard, quite honest with him. Telling him to take his time and be ready. Yeah we saw, towards the end of last season when he broke down again but as a fanbase the majority of us know that he improves our team. When he plays we are a much better unit because he works hard in both boxes. Maybe with a back up there would be less pressure, who knows? But we need DCL in this team and failing that its gotta be a signing whos of a similar profile.

Is it a case that because we go from zero options when he's injured to having a focal point presence when he's not and thinking we cant function without calvert lewin, when in reality any half decent forward would do the job. The awful lack of recruitment in this area is making calvert lewin look a better player imo. Thats not to say he cant be decent. We just look a lot worse without him because of the incompetence to recruit.

I don't think he'll be 'rushed' in any way shape or form. If that means for the first 4-5 games he only gets 45-60 minute runouts then we've gotta do what we've gotta do. End of the day, only he can really tell us how his body is feeling and by the sounds of it he's getting there.

No mate, Fat Benny the Kopite along rushed him back against medical advice

Then proceeded to sack the medical department that gave him such advice

Status
Not open for further replies.