2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a case that because we go from zero options when he's injured to having a focal point presence when he's not and thinking we cant function without calvert lewin, when in reality any half decent forward would do the job. The awful lack of recruitment in this area is making calvert lewin look a better player imo. Thats not to say he cant be decent. We just look a lot worse without him because of the incompetence to recruit.
Potentially, I do feel that Lampard addressed the defence and then the midfield last summer thinking that DCL would be fit to start the season. He was then blindsided by the injury and panicked to buy Maupay who, as we've all seen, was incompetent. I agree that any half decent forward would do the job, I just feel at this given time with Dyche and how he is wanting us to be, DCL and his profile are the perfect fit. Strong, Mobile, Hardworking. Someone who can get us up the pitch when our backs are to the wall. Something that Maupay cant do.

Potentially, I do feel that Lampard addressed the defence and then the midfield last summer thinking that DCL would be fit to start the season. He was then blindsided by the injury and panicked to buy Maupay who, as we've all seen, was incompetent. I agree that any half decent forward would do the job, I just feel at this given time with Dyche and how he is wanting us to be, DCL and his profile are the perfect fit. Strong, Mobile, Hardworking. Someone who can get us up the pitch when our backs are to the wall. Something that Maupay cant do.

Im going back a few years but we had this issue before and bought Marcus Bent. Seen as a journeyman player. He was brilliant for the team as he worked his socks off and was a great outlet. I have no idea what the club has been doing in the last 14/15 months to address this. Nothing it seems.

Im going back a few years but we had this issue before and bought Marcus Bent. Seen as a journeyman player. He was brilliant for the team as he worked his socks off and was a great outlet. I have no idea what the club has been doing in the last 14/15 months to address this. Nothing it seems.
Its a great point. I feel that under the illusion of the moshiri era we have tried to be a team we are not. The fanbase have always appreciated hardworking players who would die for the badge. Yes we still need those players that can flip a game with a moment of brilliance but on the whole the majority of us would come away from goodison happy to have seen a team that works hard and leaves nothing out there. I know its been said before but I hope Dyche can bring back what Moyes had before he left, always punching above our weight and making shrewd, intelligent signings.

"compared to others we have had in the last few years"

Context is everything

i could have easly highlighted that bit in aswell as its still a mad example.
I could reel off 6 or 7 strikers weve had since off the top of my head who were just as good for the club.
Lukaku
Yakubu
Kevin Campbell
Saha
Andy johnson
Jelovic
Peter beardsley

i could have easly highlighted that bit in aswell as its still a mad example.
I could reel off 6 or 7 strikers weve had since off the top of my head who were just as good for the club.
Lukaku
Yakubu
Kevin Campbell
Saha
Andy johnson
Jelovic
Peter beardsley

Agreed, but they're not really in the last few years though. Think he's just pointing out how crap our frontline has been since Lukaku left, not since Lineker

Agreed, but they're not really in the last few years though. Think he's just pointing out how crap our frontline has been since Lukaku left, not since Lineker

Seeing as lineker was mentioned i didnt know if a few years loosely meant 5 or 30 years. Swap lukaku for lineker and his post would be more accurate. But point taken.

Dyche saying he's not sure if DCL will even make the bench confuses me.

How can he do two straight 45 minutes and then not even make the bench??

Would be really surprised if he started but expected him to be on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.