2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Spurs' fault we were so daft, so they'd be equally stupid to restructure the deal now....we need to offload him
We absolutely do not need to offload him.
We stand by him, offer support and any resources/time needed for him to help recover and find out who he is now, and what he wants from his life and career.
We signed him to a contract, we have an obligation to help, morally.and contractually.

Agreed. He wants to come out of every deal as teh winner. It is short sighted as the best business is when all sides coming out of a deal thinking they have won. It's why Tottenham have been unsuccessful IMO. When all you are ever thinking of is "me, me,me" then you lose opportunity.
I find when everyone thinks they won after it gets real, someone was the sucker. When everyone thinks they lost, it's probably fair. That means everyone gave to get.

I agree with the sentiment that the best business is for everyone to have enough sense not to let it get to that point, for the sake of relationships. If third parties see someone getting into fights all the time, opportunities with those parties are lost.

Not Spurs' fault we were so daft, so they'd be equally stupid to restructure the deal now....we need to offload him

I think they would be stupid not too. Most know we arnt in a financial position to be taking a £10m gamble so chances are he doesnt play and sees out the year, we loan him out in his last year or we agree to a mutual termination now and let him go somewhere.

None of those options benefit Spurs.

We absolutely do not need to offload him.
We stand by him, offer support and any resources/time needed for him to help recover and find out who he is now, and what he wants from his life and career.
We signed him to a contract, we have an obligation to help, morally.and contractually.

I think we do....if we have no intention of paying the £10m as we cant afford it. I dont think its fair to him to be not playing every week purely because we cant afford it, no matter how well he trains. If we have the money to be able to pay it then i'd be delighted for him to stay.

Honestly I think Spurs will just say their doctors prescribed the correct dosages for their players to sleep before big games so they got the rest they needed and they’re terribly sorry to hear about what happened.

The most impressive thing about Dele for me in that interview is that he never had a bad word to say about anyone (except maybe tabloid media which is fair) and he made a point of saying he personally went and got more pills himself through other means.
That just doesn’t wash for me. They said it was a prescription drug. Your employer doesn’t get a doctor to prescribe you a drug so you work better. Otherwise our employers would all have us micro dosing speed or CBD depending on whether we need to work quicker or be more relaxed around customers.

I think they would be stupid not too. Most know we arnt in a financial position to be taking a £10m gamble so chances are he doesnt play and sees out the year, we loan him out in his last year or we agree to a mutual termination now and let him go somewhere.

None of those options benefit Spurs.

Why can’t some people grasp this? Spurs aren’t getting a penny unless the terms are renegotiated.

….football and footballers are not immune to issues that happen in all walks of life.

Personally think it would be difficult for Alli to get back to anything like his form of old. Most likely he will see out his contract here but not be used.

That just doesn’t wash for me. They said it was a prescription drug. Your employer doesn’t get a doctor to prescribe you a drug so you work better. Otherwise our employers would all have us micro dosing speed or CBD depending on whether we need to work quicker or be more relaxed around customers.

Most employers do not have club/company doctors do they?

Plenty of ways to get prescription drugs without an actual script.

I don’t know if anyone has made this point yet, but I think today’s interview, and the massive national media interest that’s followed it has I think not insignificantly increased his chances of staying at Everton.

Firstly, it’s worth saying I think he will take great comfort from the outpouring of support. He can be sure he made the right decision to open up to Neville like he did.

That’s got to be good for his happiness and confidence - which will feed back into his work on the training pitch.

That in turn will make the prospect of him playing for Everton again more likely.

On top of that, given the publicity, Everton themselves are going to be cognisant of the eyes on them as the club looking after Dele. It might make loaning him out somewhere else politically more difficult.

Who knows?

All I can say for sure is that I’m really proud of the lad for opening up about his troubles.

Just finished watching the interview. Very moving. I feel very bad for slagging him off here. He comes off as articulate and well-centered. Hope he can continue to recover both physically and emotionally. Would be absolutely boss if he got back to his old form and then some. Sounds like he has a good support network among some players and coaches, and especially from his adoptive family.

I don’t know if anyone has made this point yet, but I think today’s interview, and the massive national media interest that’s followed it has I think not insignificantly increased his chances of staying at Everton.

Firstly, it’s worth saying I think he will take great comfort from the outpouring of support. He can be sure he made the right decision to open up to Neville like he did.

That’s got to be good for his happiness and confidence - which will feed back into his work on the training pitch.

That in turn will make the prospect of him playing for Everton again more likely.

On top of that, given the publicity, Everton themselves are going to be cognisant of the eyes on them as the club looking after Dele. It might make loaning him out somewhere else politically more difficult.

Who knows?

All I can say for sure is that I’m really proud of the lad for opening up about his troubles.
Thought Dele was very accepting open that he might not be at us this season. We financially can't afford him and everyone will recognise that rather than us just kicking him to the curb like Danny Rose said some clubs did to him

Thought Dele was very accepting open that he might not be at us this season. We financially can't afford him and everyone will recognise that rather than us just kicking him to the curb like Danny Rose said some clubs did to him
Yeah he was, and I understand the financial aspect, of course.

But, for me, it’s gone from him being ‘absolutely 100% done’ at Everton to ‘probably done’ at Everton - which is a significant change.

Status
Not open for further replies.