Transfer Rumour Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shouldn't overreact

And I get that some will say "give him a chance" etc

However, all I will say is this;

When we sign used up aging journeymen players, it's very rare that they end up being worth the money

Delph, Williams, Rondon, Mark Hughes, David Ginola, Townsend, Walcott, McGeady, Cleverley, Hitzlsperger

I could go on

Basically, anyone who is worried or thinks this is a super underwhelming signing that isn't going to work is not being unreasonable based on past experience

By and large, when most of us think a signing like this is going to be disappointing, it's invariably the case

at about 108 years old he played twenty times for Villa last season and got ahead of Digne. (Don't know the full circumstances)

I shouldn't overreact

When we sign used up aging journeymen players, it's very rare that they end up being worth the money

Delph, Williams, Rondon, Mark Hughes, David Ginola, Townsend, Walcott, McGeady, Cleverley, Hitzlsperger

I could go on

Basically, anyone who is worried or thinks this is a super underwhelming signing that isn't going to work is not being unreasonable based on past experience

By and large, when most of us think a signing like this is going to be disappointing, it's invariably the case

this well said mike.

signing AY on a free is our level lads

let it sink in. but hey we’re all good

I shouldn't overreact

I could go on

How old was Richard Gough when we signed him, also thinking of Andy Gray, Peter Beardsley, Lee Carsley, Peter Reid, Kevin Campbell and Idrissa Gueye.

Marcus Bent, Killer Kilbane and Lee Carsley did alright and as for the aged guys Richard Gough and Nigel Martyn did well enough.

I think we have to, otherwise what’s the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.