2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
….if he’s the future of Everton, we’re in big trouble.

I watched DCL in an Everton U21 game & predicted on here that he’d make his debut before Christmas, which he did. He forced his way into the team and even played right wing for a spell. That was because he troubled top flight defenders every day in training. The manager knew what he had.

We’ve had a striker crisis for 2 years & Simms has still struggled for game time because a series of managers don’t rate him. It’s quite simple.
You better hope it's that simple.

….if he’s the future of Everton, we’re in big trouble.

I watched DCL in an Everton U21 game & predicted on here that he’d make his debut before Christmas, which he did. He forced his way into the team and even played right wing for a spell. That was because he troubled top flight defenders every day in training. The manager knew what he had.

We’ve had a striker crisis for 2 years & Simms has still struggled for game time because a series of managers don’t rate him. It’s quite simple.
Any opinions of any of the kids were should give a shot to, Eggs, or are they all a bit Maupay

I wonder how much he'll go for?

I'd have been happy with £4mil but its true he does score in the championship...could the price sneak up to £7.5mil perhaps? Or is £5-6mil the most we can hope for ?

Any opinions of any of the kids were should give a shot to, Eggs, or are they all a bit Maupay

….Branthwaite has always looked a bit special to me. He’s a young defender and will make mistakes but I see quality, athleticism and attitude with him.

I’ve always liked Cannon. I put him in a totally different category to Simms in that his ability to step-up is unknown. Dyche had Vydra at Burnley who he used to good effect (he always tore the back out of Keane), and Cannon could be similar. I’d be very surprised if Dyche doesn’t have a good look at him pre-season. We should know more about him then.

….Branthwaite has always looked a bit special to me. He’s a young defender and will make mistakes but I see quality, athleticism and attitude with him.

I’ve always liked Cannon. I put him in a totally different category to Simms in that his ability to step-up is unknown. Dyche had Vydra at Burnley who he used to good effect (he always tore the back out of Keane), and Cannon could be similar. I’d be very surprised if Dyche doesn’t have a good look at him pre-season. We should know more about him then.

Would you see Cannon as a CF or competing with Doucoure for the spot behind the CF ?

Would you see Cannon as a CF or competing with Doucoure for the spot behind the CF ?

….I think he’s a striker with striker technique (back to goal technique). I suppose the challenge would be in him playing as a lone CF, which is why I compared him to Vydra.

Decent shout about him playing the Doucoure pressing role but I think it will take a bit of adjusting for him. I’ve always liked him even though he was never the most touted youngster. He did terrific when given the chance last season so might just be made of the right stuff.

Still a bit of a long-shot but certainly ahead of Simms in any pecking order.

Does Cannon need another striker to play off?

Best of luck to the lad, think he will have a decent career.

Thin on the ground for forward options everywhere across advanced positions now - what could go wrong.

Need to be getting down to the hat and pet shop.

Best thing for him prob be in the championship get regular starts and hopefully is good for him and we get a good cash for him. Thanks for the chelsea goal and good luck

batman-dark-knight-returns.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.