New Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why what’s wrong with having a bet ? If people don’t have self control they don’t have self control … if people are easily addicted then that’s for them to address .. why does a betting firm advertising get the soft touches so wound up … shall we ban technology sponsors as kids might get addicted to Sony ps5 etc … this is all what’s wrong with society … others who can’t control themselves telling those who can how to live their life … gambling can be great craic and also lucrative for some
Couldn't disagree more with almost every point apart from the technology. Gambling ads in football are absolutely damaging, and you say oh well that indiivdual that really struggles should have better self control - that's now how addiction works. Removing gambling sponsors, while it wont fix the whole problem in football as it will still be advertised within the ground etc, is as much to help those who do struggle, as it is to help those YOUNG PEOPLE who are growing up with gambling thrown in their faces.

I am an addict, accepted it years ago and stopped almost two years ago, I can get throguh the games with all the sponsors pretty numb to it, so im going well by it. However for a good period after stopping, I almost felt I had to stop watching football because gambling companies are thrown in your face at every single opportunity. It is not healthy, whether someone is an addict or not. I know a lad who never had a bet in his life, he saw an advert/promotion on the half-time break of a game and got hooked from then. Not everyone has the ability to just blank them out, I didn't for years,

It is not healthy, and not a good thing for young people to be seeing regularly from such a young age and going into their brain. Nobody is saying people can't have a bet, course they can, but removing the sponsors is proactive and aids preventing young people seeing it over, and over and over again.

Yes, the levels of technology children have access to at such young ages is absolutely a problem and cause for addiction. Like EVERYTHING it should always be in moderation, but the levels of access and time young people have on technology is absolutely concerning. The difference is that xbox/playstation and that ilk, they aren't spending money on it every week, or every day or whatever.

Why what’s wrong with having a bet ? If people don’t have self control they don’t have self control … if people are easily addicted then that’s for them to address .. why does a betting firm advertising get the soft touches so wound up … shall we ban technology sponsors as kids might get addicted to Sony ps5 etc … this is all what’s wrong with society … others who can’t control themselves telling those who can how to live their life … gambling can be great craic and also lucrative for some
If most of us had any self control, we would’ve given up watching Everton years ago.

Anyone hears anything? Are we still staying with a jarg make like Hummel?

Also is it me or are we the only club to sell them after the summer? I thought one of the major factors was getting kids to wear them in the summer and on holiday?
I like the hummel look. but your right. kit should be ready for sale in june

Anyone hears anything? Are we still staying with a jarg make like Hummel?

Also is it me or are we the only club to sell them after the summer? I thought one of the major factors was getting kids to wear them in the summer and on holiday?
Yes...Kids wearing them on holiday...:blush:

20230609_134641.jpg
DO IT

Dave losing his mind over an orange sash that weren’t even orange is probably one of my fave GOT moments.
To be honest, it was far too close to an orange sash for a lot of Evertonians from an Irish Catholic tradition (majority of local fans on here, I would guess). It was extremely badly advised by the club. Just another example of how badly run we are. ☘️

Status
Not open for further replies.