2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats disguise actually watching a player for 90mins

They also don’t take into account things like how he usually overhits his passes, his weird crossing technique, the fact he dribbles down blind alleys half the time. There are no stats that can quantify things like that, you simply have to stop being lazy and actually watch a football match. There’s a reason no half decent clubs want him despite the fact he’s allegedly the most creative player outside the top 4 according to the numbers.

I bet that Coleman goal against Leeds goes down as a “chance created” by Iwobi, even though he just hopefully punted a ball into the channel and Coleman shot from a ridiculous angle. These are just some of the nuances that stats can’t pick up.

The GOT player of the year.

Id happily take £12.5 - 15mil for him lol

Hopefully he has a move lined up.

…I think we can do better. We need more of a threat (goals, creativity) from that side & he’s never convinced me that the game matters an awful lot to him. He’s a decent squad player for me, I certainly wouldn’t be offering him a big bucks, long-term deal.

Alex has a great engine, great enthusiam and spirit but can't judge the weight of a pass to save his life. Would be happy with 10-15 mil for him

Still think he would be better centrally or as a number 10, but unlike many of his colleagues, he is a known quantity and his effort is bang on each and every game.

Now that we have avoided relegation, I assume a new contract will ramp up that includes a relegation clause.

He had a decent enough season. Would absolutely like some more goals, but he worked hard and was generally one of our better performers

It's sell or extend time now as he goes into his final year of the contract

Remember he was in a poor squad of players - in a good team - he would shine even more .... central midfield is his position ....
It isn't, his passing is too loose and plays detached from the other cms, he is a worker outside who is great at doubling up on attacking threats but needs to pose more of a threat going forward. Decent player who has put a shift in, wouldn't mind an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.