2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only real style of football that matters is the winning style. I'm not too bothered about seeing anything other than maximum effort and some organisation, both of which Dyche has brought. Excited to see what he does with a few new additions to the squad, particularly with some new attacking options.

I’m happy if he sticks around and keeps thing steady, but that’s not true about style of football. All football fans have their own preference. I personally can’t stand % football and wouldn’t want to watch it for too long even if we were doing relatively well. It grew old under Moyes and it would grow old even more quickly under Dyche.

Although I’m certainly not assuming that what he did with Burnley is all he can do. It will be interesting to see if he stays longer term, but for now I’m happy for him to do whatever to keep us out of a relegation scrap next season. Needs must as we are a shambles of a club

Which is 42 points in a season. That would have got us 13th this season. Pretty sure we'd all take that wouldn't we?
Dyche's full season average based on his 18 game sample size is 44.3 points, which in pretty much any given season ensures a top 17 finish (this season it may have been 13th, next season who knows). The board would be more than happy with that, as would most of the fan base I'm sure. Myself included.

I'm not expecting miracles (13th place is not an unrealistic target), but last seasons extrapolated numbers are no guarantee of anything next year, which is why I shall be waiting to see how results go next season before deciding if Dyche is "the one" for us.

Dyche's full season average based on his 18 game sample size is 44.3 points, which in pretty much any given season ensures a top 17 finish (this season it may have been 13th, next season who knows). The board would be more than happy with that, as would most of the fan base I'm sure. Myself included.

I'm not expecting miracles (13th place is not an unrealistic target), but last seasons extrapolated numbers are no guarantee of anything next year, which is why I shall be waiting to see how results go next season before deciding if Dyche is "the one" for us.

Since Dyche arrived he got 21 points from 18 games. The same number as Fulham and Palace got in that period. 4 more than Forest, 5 more than Leicester, 6 more than Chelsea, 8 more than Leeds. 11 more than Southampton.

All of this without a recognised striker for most of it, Doucoure’s needless suspension, Coleman and Patterson’s injuries at fullback, and some questionable refereeing in that period also.

How anyone can look at that and think he didn’t do a good job is absolutely beyond me.

Dyche doesn’t need to be “the one” for us, He’s the one we’ve got and all he needs to do is get us to mid-table stability. Not even his biggest fans are expecting him to equal his length of employment at Burnley.

Just 12 months, that's all, BMD comes online, naming rights, corporate facilities, and increased turnstyles. That's the goal for us all at the moment, under duress last year they found the Onana money, well, same trick this summer for a properly fit and useful striker. (Not another Neal Maupay!)

Of course you also have to add that he was disadvantaged by the fact that he had the legacy of a squad left by previous managers and was unable to add to it in Jan.

I cant imagine there's too many who want Dyche out.
I hold my hands up and say up until a few games ago, I did. I was overly emotional and erratic. But looking at the teams we played, the options he had and his attitude, I'm fully on board with him now.

The bit that stuck with me the most was him talking about giving the fans something to get behind and hard work. Win, lose or draw, I just want to walk away from the ground saying "they gave their all." I'm a realist and understand that we'll lose games. But I just want to see the commitment. Nothing irks me more than seeing a player shy away.

Since Dyche arrived he got 21 points from 18 games. The same number as Fulham and Palace got in that period. 4 more than Forest, 5 more than Leicester, 6 more than Chelsea, 8 more than Leeds. 11 more than Southampton.

All of this without a recognised striker for most of it, Doucoure’s needless suspension, Coleman and Patterson’s injuries at fullback, and some questionable refereeing in that period also.

How anyone can look at that and think he didn’t do a good job is absolutely beyond me.
All teams can say "we didn't have this player, that player, the refs did us", it's part of the game. Good managers are well paid to find a way regardless, and he did what he was tasked with doing. That's the bottom line. Simple reality is he'll need to increase his win rates and points return with his players next season, or we could be in yet another relegation battle, and we all know what happens then.

I hold my hands up and say up until a few games ago, I did. I was overly emotional and erratic. But looking at the teams we played, the options he had and his attitude, I'm fully on board with him now.

The bit that stuck with me the most was him talking about giving the fans something to get behind and hard work. Win, lose or draw, I just want to walk away from the ground saying "they gave their all." I'm a realist and understand that we'll lose games. But I just want to see the commitment. Nothing irks me more than seeing a player shy away.

Yep.

We need to see a solid pre-season boot camp and recruitment of players with good character as much as quality.

Dyche has fallen into our laps. We cant let this feller go before he properly stabilises us. I'd take 14th/15th next season right now in a heartbeat. And I think Dyche with a couple of signings can gets us to that no problem.

Of course you also have to add that he was disadvantaged by the fact that he had the legacy of a squad left by previous managers and was unable to add to it in Jan.
Sure, but that's something all managers who come in half way through have to deal with, it's why they are paid the big bucks. If we'd have made a signing or two, who knows, maybe we win a couple of extra games and everything is a bit more comfortable with a couple of games to go. Likewise, had Keane or Maupay been nowhere near the side instead of involved every week, we may have scored a few more, conceded not so many.

Perfectly willing to see how he does next season once he's been able to get some players in and hopefully some out.

Yep.

We need to see a solid pre-season boot camp and recruitment of players with good character as much as quality.

Dyche has fallen into our laps. We cant let this feller go before he properly stabilises us. I'd take 14th/15th next season right now in a heartbeat. And I think Dyche with a couple of signings can gets us to that no problem.
Dyche can achieve that Davek, absolutely.

In terms of our form since Dyche arrived as manager: we are the 13th most in form team in the PL. That's astonishingly impressive when you consider that we had already played all the really poor sides twice by the time he was appointed. And of course this is the most unbalanced and weak squad we've had for generations, possibly ever.

He had literally zero proven strikers that he could call upon, DCL aside.

Dyche can achieve that Davek, absolutely.

In terms of our form since Dyche arrived as manager: we are the 13th most in form team in the PL. That's astonishingly impressive when you consider that we had already played all the really poor sides twice by the time he was appointed. And of course this is the most unbalanced and weak squad we've had for generations, possibly ever.

He had literally zero proven strikers that he could call upon, DCL aside.

If we dont get a points deduction....AND WE SHOULDN'T...with 2/3 key signings he can get us nearer to midtable than the bottom...maybe with a fair wind behind us midtable.

People are going to get hurt in the future. I just think that's worth pointing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.