Summer transfer window 2023

Agreed, there appeared to be some who wanted to keep him for his developing potential and therefore increased market value which is understandable. The guy could become the next Viera or the next Palmer - there’s no guarantees obviously.

Given where we are with our precarious position and the potential restricted financial power we will have in the market this close season - if an offer come in on or around that value, it would just make sense in my opinion for us to sell. This of course would be on the proviso that the proceeds were reinvested back into the team.

Now, whether we would reinvest it wisely is another matter completely!
Therein is the real issue. I do not trust anyone at this football club with recruitment. For every Onana (IF someone pays £60m+) there is a Maupay or Tosun or Walcott or Godfrey etc etc.

That is not the way transfers work, why do you think Chelsea were offering seven and eight year deals to the players they signed last summer.
A sale of 50m could easily free up the space to sign 100m worth of talent.
No it does not. You write down the value over years. The fee may be payable over a number of years but the liability is immediate. You can't buy a portion of a player each year. One is cash flow and the other is profit and loss.

Davies is out of contract and I'd want to keep Onana and Doucoure.

Iwobi
Holgate
Maupay
Gomes
Gbamin
Godfrey
Keane
Gray
Simms

If we could move all of them on (Nkounkou would bring in £2mil also) it could be circa £65mil. All hitting the books in one go along with the saving on wages from out of contract and these players we'd be pretty flush.

Listen, nobody will want to buy any of those players. I don’t know how many times this needs reiterating.

I think there probably will be bids for a couple of our better players but at lest now we are not the easy picking we would have been if relegated.

I do believe however that everybody is for sale at the right price to help generate transfer funds for the manager and to help with FFP issues.

Then we'll be right back here next May. I agree we need a forward, but after that is sorted we need new fullbacks on both wings.

We were second lowest goal scorers in league.

All 3 relegated teams scored more.

Need more than one forward imo.

Think we need cover/competition at LB more than RB.

That is not the way transfers work, why do you think Chelsea were offering seven and eight year deals to the players they signed last summer.
A sale of 50m could easily free up the space to sign 100m worth of talent.
I am aware of how it works.

My point is, even if we sell Pickford for 40/50m this doesn't automatically mean we can go and spend 100m, because you still need the extra 50/60m in cash to buy those players, regardless of how the money is spread on the accounts.

We were second lowest goal scorers in league.

All 3 relegated teams scored more.

Need more than one forward imo.

Think we need cover/competition at LB more than RB.
We need all three positions strengthened desperately. However, we are skint, under the cosh by the regulators and run by morons, I await the summer window with dread not hope.

But , that is how it works
I am aware of how it works.

My point is, even if we sell Pickford for 40/50m this doesn't automatically mean we can go and spend 100m, because you still need the extra 50/60m in cash to buy those players, regardless of how the money is spread on the accounts.
Yes, thats how FFP works, but the "extra" 50m still has to be paid, thats when you post loses, I mean we spent "hardly" anything the last few years and we are posting loses of 300m+.