Summer transfer window 2023

We'll be saving significant wages this summer with contracts ending;
Mina- £120k a week
Townsend- £50k a week
Davies- £30k a week
I'd imagine if Coleman gets an extra year it will be on reduced terms, maybe saving £20k?
Plus the wages we've been paying Vinagre for doing nothing and Coady is probably another £80k.

That's something like £300k a week. Plus Thelwell needs to earn his money by moving on the likes of Gomes, Gbamin, Dele, Holgate, Keane, Maupay to make room for new signings.
He can't sell players that draw a large paycheck and won't take a wage cut for playing time. Alternatives such as loans exist to get them the playing time without the wage cut, and they have agents that inform them of their options.

Figure with that lot they can be shifted for 30-50% of their wages paid by the loaning club. This makes sense if we have depth at the position and can do something constructive with the wages saved. It does not otherwise.

View comments

Everton are stepping up their interest in quicksilver striker El Bilal Toure following his return to Almeria's line-up on Sunday.
Confidential readers know that Toure was injured earlier this year after setting off to sprint at 35km/h - as fast as a spinytail iguana. What? Well, let's say quicker than a Goodison Park pitch invader.
As revealed in Mail Sport columnist Simon Jones' latest Transfer Confidential column, Everton want to avoid a repeat of their relegation scrap by adding more goals into their squad after just about preserving their Premier League status.

I'd rather us sell onana just because he's still developing as a player and we'd fetch around 50 to 60 million since even though he has potential he is incredibly overrated and use those funds for new forwards and a striker. He's 6"7 and can't head a ball we need midfielders who can score as well
He’s about 6”5 and 21 started 11 games in the French league last season and people expect him to come to one the worst sides in the toughest league and drive the team forward on his own. He’s playing more as a midfielder, doucoure is getting goals because he’s playing off the striker.

Onana has got a lot of talent Imo. Wouldn’t be getting games for Belgium if he didn’t. If we could get 60 now, imagine what we could get in 2/3yrs. I’d sell Pickford out of the 2

He’s about 6”5 and 21 started 11 games in the French league last season and people expect him to come to one the worst sides in the toughest league and drive the team forward on his own. He’s playing more as a midfielder, doucoure is getting goals because he’s playing off the striker.

Onana has got a lot of talent Imo. Wouldn’t be getting games for Belgium if he didn’t. If we could get 60, imagine what we could get in 2/3yrs. I’d sell Pickford out of the 2
I like him but feel Pickford is more vital especially the fact he is in demand and seems willing to stay, also a leader on the pitch which is scarce in the squad. Also who are we replacing him with? The Belgian squad is not the juggernaut it once was , a lot of their best players have aged out of form and the new crop isn't as formidable, still an accomplishment nevertheless

View comments

Everton are stepping up their interest in quicksilver striker El Bilal Toure following his return to Almeria's line-up on Sunday.
Confidential readers know that Toure was injured earlier this year after setting off to sprint at 35km/h - as fast as a spinytail iguana. What? Well, let's say quicker than a Goodison Park pitch invader.
As revealed in Mail Sport columnist Simon Jones' latest Transfer Confidential column, Everton want to avoid a repeat of their relegation scrap by adding more goals into their squad after just about preserving their Premier League status.
Thats the conclusion they drew from their in-depth root and branch review and big Kev’s 130 point plan 😂

You'd still play your heart out as a pro though wouldn't you. Especially if the team you won those honours with was on the brink of relegation. Not the type of player anyone would want with that attitude
It's easy to say but I'm not sure that's how it works in reality. I'd wager its normal/commonplace for players who know they'll be getting a big money money to a club with top prospects to protect that opportunity. A couple of trophies won in the past is great, but players have to think about the future, and this is his shot to play CL football for perhaps the rest of his career. Some may see it as an "attitude thing", but I think it's probably just the nature/reality of the way things are in that circumstance.

Think board and Dyche will sit down this week to sort out which players will be leaving and who will be sold talk about transfer targets and budgets and how to take the club forward

Hope investment does come now we are safe but that could change with these charges against us

We need changes at boardroom level

It's easy to say but I'm not sure that's how it works in reality. I'd wager its normal/commonplace for players who know they'll be getting a big money money to a club with top prospects to protect that opportunity. A couple of trophies won in the past is great, but players have to think about the future, and this is his shot to play CL football for perhaps the rest of his career. Some may see it as an "attitude thing", but I think it's probably just the nature/reality of the way things are in that circumstance.
Yep, it’s why even in the normal workplace (never mind a physical sport like football), Garden Leave is a feature….it’s a trust / commitment doubt from the existing employer and they isolate the employee for the remainder of their notice period

I'd rather us sell onana just because he's still developing as a player and we'd fetch around 50 to 60 million since even though he has potential he is incredibly overrated and use those funds for new forwards and a striker. He's 6"7 and can't head a ball we need midfielders who can score as well
He 6 foot 4 not 6 foot 7!

Three inches is a LOT....