Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were up against the best team on the planet and we more than held our own for 38 minutes. We can't ask for much more than that.

We now have two winnable games that are perhaps the two most important games in our club's history. Let's focus on them.

Sad to see Holgate booed off the pitch.

He had a desperately poor game (and had he put us 1-0 up as he should have done we might have got a point), but he's not trying to be crap.

And frankly booing a player is hardly going to boost their confidence and make them play better.

That's rubbish. Yes, money is important and is needed to be at the top of the league but first and foremost you need a well managed club with a good coach. Newcastle has spent far less than Everton or Villa and they are in the Championship spots. Look at Chelsea and the amount they spent and they are finishing in the bottom half. Blaming money is just an excuse fans use rather than admit the failings of their club are 100% due to the management of the club and have nothing to do with FFP, P&S, VAR or Refs

You need money + a good coach.

Dont agree. You can have a good management team in but if you aint got big money available, huge investment and dont offer a minimum £200k a week to players, you aint going to compete with the big boys.
Correct.

Questions on Patterson but agree with Garner. Watched him at Utd and only let go because of expensive players in his position. Always had glowing reports but didnt get game time.

what questions on Patterson? Hes done well last 2 games and making Dyche look like a fool (yet again).

Heard lots of positive things on Garner from United side and he did well at Forest.

Both will be big players for us.

Did you miss that 1st half ? They had something like 80% possession

Atletico Madrid were often only seeing low posession but killing teams on the counter like we did last week.

Which is over 2 seasons. Less than either Villa or Everton spent on players over 2 seasons not so long ago and neither our clubs got top 4. The reason Toon are where there are is because they have a good coach and the club is managed well. Obviously, and as I said in my previous post, you do need money. But 250m is not unheard of spend in the PL Forest spent 160m last summer. Fulham spent 120m a few season's ago. Lots of clubs spend that kind of money

Everton have never had a £100mil+ net spend. NEVER.

Weve always sold crucial players before reinvesting.

Youre equating that with other teams who spend £100mil+ without needing sales?

Its not correct at all.

Why was Holgate at left-back?

Heads down now for two huge games lads.

4 points from 2 very winnable games and I think we're definitely safe.
1 win and a loss we'll likely be safe.
But 2 draws or less and I think Leeds can do spineless Spurs on the last day of the season, or Leicester scrape a win.

COYB

'This was Everton’s third home league defeat by more than three goals since the start of the year, having lost 4-1 to both Brighton and Newcastle. This is already the joint-most times they’ve been beaten at home by that margin in a calendar year in the Premier League.'

'This was Everton’s third home league defeat by more than three goals since the start of the year, having lost 4-1 to both Brighton and Newcastle. This is already the joint-most times they’ve been beaten at home by that margin in a calendar year in the Premier League.'
Where's that quote from Dan?
Neither City, Newcastle or Brighton have beaten us by 'more than 3 goals'

Why was Holgate at left-back?

Heads down now for two huge games lads.

4 points from 2 very winnable games and I think we're definitely safe.
1 win and a loss we'll likely be safe.
But 2 draws or less and I think Leeds can do spineless Spurs on the last day of the season, or Leicester scrape a win.

COYB
Because we didn’t have a fit left back

Status
Not open for further replies.