Season ticket renewal

Status
Not open for further replies.
March 2019, I was offered one last year but didn’t get one because my son didn’t qualify, he joined 2021. I think I’ve missed out this year
Strange you missed out as i would think you would be top of the list! I assume you dont fall down priority if you decline a ticket one year - or did they connect you with your sons waitlist date?

i was also unsuccessfull for next season (as i expected) as i joined the waitlist in 2020.
I reckon the magic number seems to be around 4 years. Im suprised its that short to be honest as the waitlist (tier 1 + tier 2) was rumoured to be over 20,000. With current renewal rates we release less than 1,000 tickets to waitlist so by my reckoning the tier 1 is quite small compared with the overall list. Maybe not much more than 4,000 if we had a 100% take up rate from waitlist which is probably unlikely.

Strange you missed out as i would think you would be top of the list! I assume you dont fall down priority if you decline a ticket one year - or did they connect you with your sons waitlist date?

i was also unsuccessfull for next season (as i expected) as i joined the waitlist in 2020.
I reckon the magic number seems to be around 4 years. Im suprised its that short to be honest as the waitlist (tier 1 + tier 2) was rumoured to be over 20,000. With current renewal rates we release less than 1,000 tickets to waitlist so by my reckoning the tier 1 is quite small compared with the overall list. Maybe not much more than 4,000 if we had a 100% take up rate from waitlist which is probably unlikely.
I assume I don’t drop for refusing last year. Raino85 is at the same point as me and was unsuccessful so I guess not. Does anyone know how many extra season tickets will be released for the new stadium?

I assume I don’t drop for refusing last year. Raino85 is at the same point as me and was unsuccessful so I guess not. Does anyone know how many extra season tickets will be released for the new stadium?

We've already got a larger percentage of season ticket holders to capacity than most other clubs. Apart from hospitality which there is more of at BMD, I cannot see the number of 'standard' season tickets increasing.

I'd be surprised if you didn't go to the back once you declined it tbh

Well that is deflating if that status is correct. If we have people from March 2019 not getting a ST doesn't bode we'll for the rest of us getting one anytime soon.

There is a chance that successful applicants say no when it comes to crunch so wouldn't give up all hope yet for those registered early part of 2019.

I don't know how it works but I would have thought you would drop to the back of the queue if you refuse one. No offence, but you should do really, your turn came round and you decided not to take it, I don't think it would be fair if you just remained at the front of the queue ahead of people who would take it straight away.

The thing with that is i did the membership in 2019 but messed up my auto renew the following year!
So i'm not sure if that may have put me further back on the list as my membership didn't renew which i then had to do a few days later

Seems odd if you were offered one last year inwould expect you were still top of list. Perhaps you have people sitting in tier 2 with very early dates joining the waitlist that suddenly take out membership and jump up to the top of tier 1. Perhaps also when you are a single applicant its easier to get a ticket than if you are in groups.
I think the PL has some influence over season tickets based on capacity (a combined 15% must be reserved for for non season ticket holders and away fans. Thats a total of about 6,000 tickets at gooodison then 2,000 corporate you can see why we are capped at 31,500). Everton have confirmed thay are maxed with tickets they can issue based on PL rules at Goodison. I expect we will have more corporate at BMD but the same caps leave alot of wriggle room to increase season ticket holders. Maybe by around 5,000. Fingers crossed!

Seems odd if you were offered one last year inwould expect you were still top of list. Perhaps you have people sitting in tier 2 with very early dates joining the waitlist that suddenly take out membership and jump up to the top of tier 1. Perhaps also when you are a single applicant its easier to get a ticket than if you are in groups.
I think the PL has some influence over season tickets based on capacity (a combined 15% must be reserved for for non season ticket holders and away fans. Thats a total of about 6,000 tickets at gooodison then 2,000 corporate you can see why we are capped at 31,500). Everton have confirmed thay are maxed with tickets they can issue based on PL rules at Goodison. I expect we will have more corporate at BMD but the same caps leave alot of wriggle room to increase season ticket holders. Maybe by around 5,000. Fingers crossed!
I think the sensible thing for the club to do would to be is keep the amount of season ticket holders as is and make the rest available for the less frequent match goer..........the reason the season ticket waiting list is so high is because there are so few single match day tickets available.
Plus its extra revenue

Received an email from the club:

We have now allocated all the available Season Ticket seats to those at the top of tier one of our waiting list and, unfortunately, you are not a qualifying supporter on this occasion. As a result, you remain on the waiting list for future seasons.

Sounds like it is a done and dusted process.

I think the sensible thing for the club to do would to be is keep the amount of season ticket holders as is and make the rest available for the less frequent match goer..........the reason the season ticket waiting list is so high is because there are so few single match day tickets available.
Plus its extra revenue
I think the club like season tickets as its guaranteed revenue at the beginning of each season. IMHO i dont think the waitlist is due to the low number of match tickets available to members and general sale. I think its purely down to the last few seasons at Goodison and the new stadium move. Certainly not related to the quality of football on show over the past few years....
As a member i have always managed to get a ticket when ive wanted one, as long as i get in when the window opens, even though sometimes its not the best seat.

Anyone think there might be something a bit fishy going on in terms of who may be getting the golden ticket in terms of season tickets?

I wouldn't put it past the club to be offering them out to friends/family of people in high up positions at the club with it being the last year and all that! Even holding seats back for 'competition winners'
97% renewal seems very very high to me, even with the obvious trend of people just renewing even if they dont intend to go/share the ticket out/keep it in the family

Status
Not open for further replies.