2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a promising start, the last few games have been extremely disappointing. The most disappointing is the defensive phase, and that is the easiest thing for a manager to do something about. In that sense, Dyche has been a disappointment. With new owners, I also think Dyche's days are numbered.

Don't think anyone else would've changed that. Additionally I don't think we can attract a better manager due to how the club is ran
We defo won’t attract a better manager with our board; they want to recreate the safety of Moyes. It’s pathetic

Do I think new manager changes how we play, yes. The majority of us knew how Burnley play, how they setup and how poor they were under him. It’s just replicated now

It was obvious IMO

If there is one manager that can get any team scoring goals its Bielsa
It can be done. Brighton didn't score many goals under Potter (yes I am well aware they have much better players than we do) yet RDZ has come in and is basically playing the same formation but with slightly different instructions for individuals and now they have one of the best records infront of goal in Europe in terms of Xg, shots on target, etc. Hell he has even got Wellbeck scoring goals!

The thing is - a Dyche-type manager promises building strong foundations and then improving the scorelines and playing style and aesthetic by adding better parts later. So if you fail at building those foundations - at doing the basics - and i include finding any solutions to our goalscoring problems, then that's that.
I don't want to hear another mention of us failing to have those "moments" fall to us.
Make those moments. Force set pieces. Have a plan.
Zero confidence in him or any of the people. Just a bad organisation with bad parts and no plan hoping for something to happen to them.

I’m
We defo won’t attract a better manager with our board; they want to recreate the safety of Moyes. It’s pathetic

Do I think new manager changes how we play, yes. The majority of us knew how Burnley play, how they setup and how poor they were under him. It’s just replicated now

It was obvious IMO
yep, we’ve just become a slightly richer version of Burnley minus the 6 fingered fans.

If there is one manager that can get any team scoring goals its Bielsa
Nah, don't think so. At Leeds he had hard-working players who had a realistic self-image and were willing to do the work. In Everton we have players of barely championship quality who are paid as if they played for a top four team in the PL. We have to reboot.

It was obvious IMO

I just think it's proven that this squad of players and it's spine can't play any style of football effectively in this division. The manager turnover shows it.

Even when Carlo left I said that whoever we got in, the squad needed a overhaul and patience where the manager took control of everything.

We then employed serial disrupter in Benitez rather than Potter etc or someone who wants to build.

The board reaps what it sows by thinking amassing a team of awful players will work under different managers. It won't. Takes a manager to build a team not a board

Don't know why everyone's moaning. He's making us more aligned and getting to know the background on the club

"I said when I came here that we want to embrace the past, but do a modern version of it."

Just the most inane, meaningless rubbish.

Make the players wear shin pads and run more in training. Clap a lot in the dugout.

That's all he's got.

After a promising start, the last few games have been extremely disappointing. The most disappointing is the defensive phase, and that is the easiest thing for a manager to do something about. In that sense, Dyche has been a disappointment. With new owners, I also think Dyche's days are numbered.

I just think there’s players in this team who train all week one way and then when they cross the white line just can’t cope at playing professional football to a decent standard. Manager after manager has mentioned it. I just don’t think Dyche expects the sort of basic mistakes that Everton players make over and over again when it comes to match days. We can say play someone else but it’s most of them.

The unforgiveable one is Keane because it’s a known quantity that he’s a walking disaster. But I bet Godfrey Holgate Iwobi Gueye Gray etc probably all look fairly solid in training, quick hard working. Then you put them out on the field on a match day and they can’t pass or control a ball and Godfrey can’t even defend a simple one v one.

We’re once again the most predictable team in the league. No invention in any of our attacking play at all, no clever attacking routines to drag teams out of shape. Every time we get the ball, the attempted attack plays out exactly the same.

How much of this is down to the manager and how much is down to the players is another conversation, but we aren’t going to stay up just by running around a lot.

I just think there’s players in this team who train all week one way and then when they cross the white line just can’t cope at playing professional football to a decent standard. Manager after manager has mentioned it. I just don’t think Dyche expects the sort of basic mistakes that Everton players make over and over again when it comes to match days. We can say play someone else but it’s most of them.

The unforgiveable one is Keane because it’s a known quantity that he’s a walking disaster. But I bet Godfrey Holgate Iwobi Gueye Gray etc probably all look fairly solid in training, quick hard working. Then you put them out on the field on a match day and they can’t pass or control a ball and Godfrey can’t even defend a simple one v one.

I remember Carlo was lost for words in some interviews with some of the players after a game.

Nah, don't think so. At Leeds he had hard-working players who had a realistic self-image and were willing to do the work. In Everton we have players of barely championship quality who are paid as if they played for a top four team in the PL. We have to reboot.
The players he had at Leeds were/are championship quality

Status
Not open for further replies.