New Everton Stadium Discussion

@kev was going to do that too but he went the diplomatic 'sucking the fun out of the only decent thread' route. :D

Honestly you can't blame someone for flipping their lid, do other clubs have this many doom-mongers?
I love that he's confident on timescales, sponsorship revenue and everything else without showing any particular working.

He's riding into battle with his sword held high.

As we all know when you get bad news the bosses are bound to make everyone walk up 10 floors of stairs to tell them at the top of the stadium rather at the bottom.
Mm, I’m not trained in HR best practice but you probably wouldn’t tell people they are all getting laid off on a raised platform next to a large body of water.

Floating car park anyone?
In an ideal world, id leave Nelson dock as a body of water. Looks like a reflecting pool for the south stand. Id love them to decorate the perimeter build seating, maybe a landing platform for water taxis etc, even have some docking for barges, maybe a floating bar etc.

There are so many warehouses and derelict looking buildings along the dock road and derby road, surely they would be better utilised for carparking. Out of sight of the shiny new stadium.

I also hold out hope of an over head railway or tram system to go from BMD with stops at the new "Central park", mann Island and the 3 graces, Albert dock, Echo arena, baltic market, brunswick, old garden festival site and all the way up to Otterspool, connecting the whole waterfront. But that might be just a pipe dream.