New Everton Stadium Discussion

We're owned by a bloke worth over £2 billion who likely is funneling money into the stadium via an oligarch worth £12 billion but We're DOOMED lol

As you say - too many who love worrying about worst case scenarios.
And yet after blowing almost £900, in seven calamitous years, he's now closed his cheque book and is desperate to bring in outside funding... having failed miserably to attract any funding since planning permission for BM was first granted.

And his mate is so heavily sanctioned, if they are colluding sooner or later the brown stuff will hit the fan and we really could be doomed.

Take your idiotic head from up your cavernous ass and wise up to the clear and undeniable fact that the very future of the club is in peril, especially if we get relegated.

And yet after blowing almost £900, in seven calamitous years, he's now closed his cheque book and is desperate to bring in outside funding... having failed miserably to attract any funding since planning permission for BM was first granted.

And his mate is so heavily sanctioned, if they are colluding sooner or later the brown stuff will hit the fan and we really could be doomed.

Take your idiotic head from up your cavernous ass and wise up to the clear and undeniable fact that the very future of the club is in peril, especially if we get relegated.
There was a fresh wave of sanctions last week. The worry is that the Government is now going after the enablers and the people who have set up the holding companies in Cyprus.

Among those sanctioned are Demetris Ioannides and Christodoulos Vassiliades, 2 Cypriot professional enablers supporting major Russian oligarchs Roman Abramovich and Alisher Usmanov. Ioannides is responsible for crafting the murky offshore structures which Abramovich used to hide over £760 million assets ahead of being sanctioned following Putin’s illegal invasion of Ukraine. Vassiliades, a Cypriot lawyer, is at the centre of a web of trusts and offshore companies that link Usmanov and Sutton Place Estate.

The UK has also targeted Usmanov’s financial network, including companies USM, Curzon Square Limited, and Hanley Limited. Sanctioning these companies ensures that assets associated with Usmanov – including the £90 million Beechwood House mansion in London – remain sanctioned. Curzon Square Limited, the outfit that acted as Usmanov’s London office and as leaseholder of a Grade II mansion on Curzon Square, is also subject to an asset freeze. Vladimir and Varvara Skoch, the father and daughter of Usmanov’s business partner and ”richest man in the Duma” Andrei Skoch, have also been sanctioned.

Cyprus is where Moshiri has a holding company Somelior Holding that holds his 8% share of USM.

Thats your opinion mate but its not factual.

You may well be right however throwing insults around and labelling people idiots is hardly going to win hearts and minds no ?

You say Moshiri has failed to find funding partners for BMD but that hasn't stopped him funding the stadium himself so far which is due for completion in the next 18 months or so.

I would like to think positively and rationally that BMD is the only way he/Usmanov get their dough back via a sale so it'll be done by hook or by crook.

It's the relegation issue I am on about, no bed wetting or anything of the sort, if we go down we go down, however this is different.
The stock price drops instantly, it drops further if we languish in the Championship.
He knows he's hated by the fan base and must really want out of all this by now...but with his money intact.
My problem with it is that nobody on this planet will buy BMD and the club for the money that's been chucked at it, no chance if we're a second division side.

So what happens then is anyones guess, if I was him I'd be looking to split the lot up and sell in separate lots.
He's not an Evertonian, he's a businessman who's well out of pocket with no real hope of ever getting a reward if we drop

Finish him Andy.

It's a jewel on the Mersey, they'd kill for it I reckon mate. Can't see how we'll ever own it so anything's posssible. That is of course if we do go down.

No they wouldn’t, they’ve spent an absolute fortune on their own ground, their fans would be in uproar at leaving Anfield, it’s an absolutely ludicrous suggestion. Probably the most insane thing I’ve ever read on this forum and that is a long, long list.

It is realistic though.

No doubt mate however when it comes to a mad man like Moshiri - what defines being realistic ?

If I had told you 5 years ago that he would be funding the entire stadium build himself (currently) you would laugh in my face and call me unrealistic yet here we are.

You also have an interesting side story of BMD being included in the Euro 28 bid. The British Government will want this ground built and I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if they turned a blind eye to a certain Uzbek sending Moshiri some dough from an offshore haven if required to complete the ground if needed - they literally pushed through the Saudi takeover of Newcastle as it suited their own needs.

As Cesar said - there are no friends or enemies just interests.

No they wouldn’t, they’ve spent an absolute fortune on their own ground, their fans would be in uproar at leaving Anfield, it’s an absolutely ludicrous suggestion. Probably the most insane thing I’ve ever read on this forum and that is a long, long list.
It's the worst of 2 evils if we get relegated and nothing would surprise me now.
EFC either become tenants and rent a stadium from him, or he punts it out, would you agree with that? No way will it ever be Everon's own ground if we go down for a few seasons, impossible.

He'll want his money back or as much of it as possible I'd assume. There'll be no charity as there's now no love lost.

If he's put 800m of his "own" money in as some here suggest how does he get out of the mess if we go down?
Pretty basic stuff really.

It's the relegation issue I am on about, no bed wetting or anything of the sort, if we go down we go down, however this is different.
The stock price drops instantly, it drops further if we languish in the Championship.
He knows he's hated by the fan base and must really want out of all this by now...but with his money intact.
My problem with it is that nobody on this planet will buy BMD and the club for the money that's been chucked at it, no chance if we're a second division side.

So what happens then is anyones guess, if I was him I'd be looking to split the lot up and sell in separate lots.
He's not an Evertonian, he's a businessman who's well out of pocket with no real hope of ever getting a reward if we drop

Whilst he's no doubt in it for money I do think he's also in it for the enjoyment/ego of owning a footie club.

I do think he feels guilt for our current position I sensed a lot of sorrow in his interview with Jazzy. I think he'll do the right thing and see it through to the end regardless of what happens come the seasons end.

It's the worst of 2 evils if we get relegated and nothing would surprise me now.
EFC either become tenants and rent a stadium from him, or he punts it out, would you agree with that? No way will it ever be Everon's own ground if we go down for a few seasons, impossible.

He'll want his money back or as much of it as possible I'd assume. There'll be no charity as there's now no love lost.

If he's put 800m of his "own" money in as some here suggest how does he get out of the mess if we go down?
Pretty basic stuff really.

I agree that we can’t afford the stadium as a lower league club, but the suggestion of Liverpool moving into it is beyond ridiculous. Their fans would be more furious than ours. There’s more chance of the whole thing being bulldozed and returned to a dock than that happening.

Whilst he's no doubt in it for money I do think he's also in it for the enjoyment/ego of owning a footie club.

I do think he feels guilt for our current position I sensed a lot of sorrow in his interview with Jazzy. I think he'll do the right thing and see it through to the end regardless of what happens come the seasons end.
Good take on it mate and I'd like to think so.......vital we stay up though or I think it's going to explode off the pitch.

The stadium will be built, I don’t doubt that as it’s too far along in the build . It would cost more to take it down, pay any outstanding monies to the contractors and fill the dock back in. Wouldn’t make economic sense.

The issue will be, who will own the stadium when it’s built. When we go down, I say when as for me it’s over, we may have no choice to sell the stadium to a third party. This is to ensure the stadium not only gets completed, but the club can stay operational financially.

We may have no other choice.

I agree that we can’t afford the stadium as a lower league club, but the suggestion of Liverpool moving into it is beyond ridiculous. Their fans would be more furious than ours. There’s more chance of the whole thing being bulldozed and returned to a dock than that happening.
That's the difficulty mate with typing on a forum as opposed to face to face, the chances of the RS taking over is remote to say the least, however far stranger things have happened and there's no way as a championship side we'd be playing there if Moshiri decides his time's up here. I'm not straight faced saying the RS are moving in, more just accepting that anything could happen if we go down, yet it's hard to convey that in type.