Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These players won’t respond to the atmosphere. They’ll hide and crumble this time. It’s already nervy, and the crowd are exhausted dragging these lemmings to points. Even if they do respond, there isn’t the quality to capitalise. Should have been 2 ahead at half time. The game was literally right there to win.

I thought we’d be fine when we cut out the soft goals and stopped missing the sitters which was happening in the early games Dyche lost points. But it still happens every game, multiple times, it’s not luck it’s just crap.

Bet Dyche would have loved to rip them all new arseholes for that wet performance, but he won’t have done. He will know already that the usual suspects will bring the bus to FF on Monday to throw him under, making a turnaround more unlikely. There will be anonymous questionnaires aplenty this week.
I agree with most of what you said but think Dyche should be holding his hands up for today too
Shocking decisions from the start but he was giving it the ol' 'before my time' chat in the post match

Problem is winning two out of the last three home games "only" takes the team to 33 points and the GD isn't great now.

The formula is simple now and actually a little similar to the situation this time last year.

Need to dig out a Chelsea style shock 1-0 win from somewhere to galvanise everyone and get the crowd onside. Man. City or Newcastle, think we know which one is more likely.

Then need to back that up by going away somewhere and winning like Leicester away.....

Do that and Bournemouth at home is a one off Palace style atmosphere and hopefully similar result.

However as said above there just isn't the same feel as last year where a proper relegation scrap was actually something new for a generation of fans and there was obviously far better quality in final third with Gordon, Richi and a working DCL.

Go behind in games and there's hardly any proven attacking game changers on the bench. Way it's going Gray will probably be dropped down to the bench next week as surely have to go with 3 man central midfield to try to get close to Eze.
Gordon better quality? Agree with you mostly but Gordon is terrible.

I agree with most of what you said but think Dyche should be holding his hands up for today too
Shocking decisions from the start but he was giving it the ol' 'before my time' chat in the post match
Yup, I've said many times on here when replacing lampard that whoever the new manager was, was being set up for failure by the board for not getting a single reinforcement in January

That being said, dyches decisions today were poor and Maupay should never be seeing the pitch

The only way we are staying up is if Forest, Leicester and Southampton do worse than us. You couldn't count on these players for anything. There is nothing in them that even slightly resembles Everton. Best to resign yourself to probable relegation which is what the club deserves for what they have all done to it, players and hierarchy.
Sadly they do resemble Everton, they are Everton. I am afraid we are gone and unless the owner and board go it will never change

I have to agree.

I'd make us 3rd favourites to go down now. As things stand it'll be:

17th Leicester
18th Everton
19th Forest
20th S'ton

And yes this does feel like Burnley away last season. We're staring down the barrel. It's all down to losing our settled starting line up.

I cant believe that after that very good Chelsea draw that we'd miss out on adding at least another 3 points from two home games.

There's no way Leicester dont get motivated by our slip ups.

I didnlt see this coming. The starting line up had me panicking but we fought back to a good platform in that match at HT. To capitulate from there in the situation we're in was shocking. It's rocked me.
I must admit I have loved your recent journey of Optimism, but it looks like that train ride might be finally arriving at the last station now.

I want to be positive, I really do. But this club needs us again to pull them over the line, If there Is any chance of that happening.
Too many people have been turning a blind eye on our fate this season and using 'Mathematic' possibilities of why we shouldn't be worried.

The only thing worse then just having to deal with a bad performance is when you also have to hope and rely on a a handful of other bad performances. 🥴

if we go down then next season's team will probably be something like this

---------------new GK probably 40 year old ben foster-----------

Patterson--------Godfrey----------Branthwaite----------Nkounkou

---------------------Garner-------Tom Davies (new 5 year contract) ------------

McNeil -----------------------------------------------------------------------Dobbin

--------------------------------Simms----------Cannon--------------------------------------

Last edited:
To much bed wetting today.
The match was dire and we looked awful.
But we did the same against a relegation rival Burnley last season and look where we ended up.
Im not optimistic but i dont think we are desd and buried yet. Still points to be had and equally dreadful teams around us who are shot of confidence.

4-4-2 doesn't work at the top level and hasn't since Fergie had Yorke and Cole up front and Beckham and Giggs on the wings, absolute dinosaur tactics if you play those tactics every midfield in the Premier League will run you ragged.

To much bed wetting today.
The match was dire and we looked awful.
But we did the same against a relegation rival Burnley last season and look where we ended up.
Im not optimistic but i dont think we are desd and buried yet. Still points to be had and equally dreadful teams around us who are shot of confidence.
2 weeks ago there were twice as many teams short on confidence around us but half of them are confident now and pulling away
We are going to need a few suprise results to survive

Goodison crowd will keep us up again. You can't win them all at home. Dyche has won most of his home games, but you'll lose some.

Bournemouth may already be safe last game and I don't think Newcastle will be able to handle the atmosphere. Leicester away also key. We should be okay.
I hope you're right.

My father will be turning in his grave right now and it breaks my heart to think of us as a lower league club.

Yep that is the worry, but if we go into the last game needing to win we can still do it, especially if B'mouth are already safe.

Anyone who was at the Wimbledon game when we were 0-2 down at H/T and needing to win really knows what staring relegation in the face is all about.

As long as we go into the last game still alive and not depending on others losing that day there is still a reasonable chance.
Fair point.

Yeah that’s very true mate. Managers repeatedly come in here and think these players are pretty decent, let’s try something we haven’t practiced in a big match, they’ll pick it up easy. It takes far too long to realise they need to really get back to proper basics and rudiments. I really thought Dyche would, and we’d pick up scabby draws and scrape set piece wins. I don’t know what he was thinking today. When someone is out injured/suspended, stick to the plan and trust someone to slot in.

Why on earth missing Doucoure has led to starting 2 games in a weird suicidal shape I’ve no idea, when we were semi-solid (OO-ER)before that. Expected better from the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.