Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may not be an accountant but I recognise hogwash when I see it. Currently we have two suspiciously new posters yammering about CGT which isn't paid by corporations or businesses or sports clubs. This was just picked up by @roydo and seems to be studiously ignored.

Cue another 10 pages about what the football league would do and other irrelevance by people who haven't seen the financial report from Everton about charges that haven't been explicitly made public.

I think some people have a limited but not totally wrong about stuff, and need to prove they are partially informed. You see across all social media. Neither have broken any rules, (we havnt got a "boring tit" one), and like you say, no one has seen anything, accounts wise.

I may not be an accountant but I recognise hogwash when I see it. Currently we have two suspiciously new posters yammering about CGT which isn't paid by corporations or businesses or sports clubs. This was just picked up by @roydo and seems to be studiously ignored.

Cue another 10 pages about what the football league would do and other irrelevance by people who haven't seen the financial report from Everton about charges that haven't been explicitly made public.
This is Mr Popodopolous....

200w.gif

bububu Moshiri spent lots of money doh !

@Saint Domingo
I am pretty OK with those on here that are saying that we brought this one ourselves, I understand that position completely as the framework is there for all to see. But when you see things like Utd 500million in debt, and Chelsea spending 600million in a year, it is pretty obvious that FFP is very carefully designed to punish clubs without massive sponsorship deals etc with no hope of ever breaking the mould. It is a massive fix!

The reason why myself, and many others believe (quite rightly I think) that FFP is just legalized fixing of the leagues and Anti-competition is stuff like this. Utd are half a billion in debt, no sign of ever breaching FFP and can spend at will. Why isn't this taken into account?

View attachment 207642

Because the rules are based on profit and/loss and/or revenue

Its about ensuring sustainability by controlling the losses that clubs are allowed to make. Which in turn are related to revenues

They cannot 'spend at will' but what they can do is spend what their revenue allow

Unfortunately too many Everton fans have been blind to the fact that Denise Barrett-Baxendale and Bill Kenwright are absolutely useless at their jobs. They believed the nonsense that came out of them.

Whilst the club should have been doing everything it could to raise revenues the pair of them were trying to self promote themselves via the media.

The whole thing is a joke at Everton. Unfortunately too many of our fans have swallowed the lies from Kenwright and Baxendale down the years.

Seems to be a few in here who would be delighted that their negative guesses come true and the worst happens to the club they support. Most enlightening.
Some of the 'evertonians' in this thread would be more gutted if Chelsea get punished than us

You're in no position to criticise anyone.

You're calling people that are concerned about the impact on Everton and saying its 'negative'

Its not negative to live in the real world. Something that you clearly don't.

Last edited:
Because the rules are based on profit and/loss and/or revenue

Its about ensuring sustainability by controlling the losses that clubs are allowed to make. Which in turn are related to revenues

They cannot 'spend at will' but what they can do is spend what their revenue allow

Unfortunately too many Everton fans have been blind to the fact that Denise Barrett-Baxendale and Bill Kenwright are absolutely useless at their jobs. They believed the nonsense that came out of them.

Whilst the club should have been doing everything it could to raise revenues the pair of them were trying to self promote themselves via the media.

The whole thing is a joke at Everton. Unfortunately too many of our fans have swallowed the lies from Kenwright and Baxendale down the years.
I completely understand and agree with all of this. However, I still think it is carefully skewed in favour of those clubs with the big sponsorships etc

For instance, could it not be argued that being 500million in debt is not 'sustainable'? But it doesn't come into effect, because they simply wouldnt allow Utd to slip down the division

I completely understand and agree with all of this. However, I still think it is carefully skewed in favour of those clubs with the big sponsorships etc

For instance, could it not be argued that being 500million in debt is not 'sustainable'? But it doesn't come into effect, because they simply wouldnt allow Utd to slip down the division

That debt was accrued prior to the rules coming into effect when the Glazers purchased them and then loaded it onto the club (leveraged buyout).

Plus Everton Football Club do not want debt regulated like that as we are taking on finance for the new stadium.

Debt is sustainable if clubs make profit.

Debt is not sustainable if clubs make continual losses.

Also not all debt is bad, such as using finance to build infrastructure.

When the value of the club is apparently around £5-6 billion £500 million debt is relatively insignificant and on that basis totally sustainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.