Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
No team has ever accepted the punishment they get as everyone appeals it and it always gets reduced.

What punishment do you think we deserve?
It depends mate.

I have no idea what we have done, if we used wrong figures and committed fraud, then, well.

If we submitted accounts that showed massive loses and just shrugged, then we should probably be awarded a Carling Cup or something for being so brazen.

Relegation is now a far more likely prospect than the money running out and is far more damaging.

Moshiri is a multi billionaire in just assets alone. He admitted just the other week that even despite losing Usmanov, the increase in raw material prices, and any losses he’s suffered from covid, that he could still single-handedly fund our stadium build. Just because he’s rather not doesn’t mean he has to find extra money.

Do you think he’d be more bothered by losses and owning a club that could break into the top 4, or a club that’s in the championship, his losses will be far greater then.

A majority of PL clubs voted for them to come in because they are owned by investors not by fans. Of course the top 6 voted for them, it cements their position and ensures that no team can ever challenge them consistently. The majority of owners at the bottom of the league are not interested in competing at the top, know they can’t afford to do it, and just want the cash revenues and kudos of owning a PL club. The regulations are an absolute dream for them, force the club to only spend what it earns and they don’t have to dip in their pocket. As long as they stay away from relegation it’s all good for them. So the only clubs that wouldn’t vote for it would be ones who had rich owners that wanted to bankroll a tilt at the top but now can’t.

Some football fans, and people on this forum, like the top 6 having sole possession of the football and taking it home when they want. I’d prefer to see a competitive league where teams can push for success rather than balance their books against an equation that every single fan knows doesn’t work.

So if you don’t have a massive stadium you have no right to compete for the PL? If you can’t get yourself a massive commercial sponsor because you’re not a London club or don’t have a recognisable City in your name you don’t deserve to have a chance of success? If you receive less tv money because historically you’ve not been as a successful as other clubs or don’t have as many fans who’ll watch it then you don’t deserve to be able to buy new players who might help you improve?

It’s an absolute con and I can’t believe Everton fans are actually applauding it.

Without these regulations we’re being managed by Carlo Ancelotti have James Richarlison and probably a few other star names in our team. We’d be pushing for Europe and on the brink of moving into our new stadium and no one would even be mentioning how a few bad years on the accounts might affect our multi billionaire owner.

Instead we have fans practically giddy at the PL throwing the rule book at us to save us from ourselves as we battle relegation yet again and the club is in an absolute perilous position.

If we go down, have a fire sale, can’t attract investment, and Moshiri gets fed up, then I’d love to hear from all the fans how the regulations have saved Everton from oblivion because we’ll be in at that point.

As we've said for a while - most fans outside the scab 6 clubs are oblivious to how corrupt the rules in place are as they're too preoccupied with their 15 team £1.50 cheeky acca coming in or watching RS/Citeh rack up 90+ points per season playing scintillating doped up football.

The reality is none of us will live to see Everton/Villa/Brighton/WHU etc win a PL title or play consistent CL football.

If football was fair Napoli would probably win the CL this season & Brighton break the top 4 / and or win a trophy. The reality is both will come short as usual and their best players nicked off them by Man Utd, Chelsea etc in the summer as Nev/Carra give them pats on their plucky little heeds for not breaking FFP.

It is not a case of whether accounts for previous years were passed or not passed. AS each years begins a new 3 year rolling period. The covid adjusted accounts for 2020-21 and 2019-could have been acceptable to the Premier League when in conjunction with 2018-19's accounts but not in conjunction with the three rolling period that included 2021-22's accounts
This is exactly how I understood it from the minimal info I've seen

I'm trying to clear the water mate.

If I'm wrong, I'm happy to debate the point, and try to do so in a measured and civil way (unlike Trump).

If I'm wrong that the PL allowing Moshiri to pass a fit and persons test and pressuring the club to sell assets at a lower value then we could have achieved, please do explain how they helped the club? (Or indeed on the other points I've raised).

I appreciate you may disagree, it's a forum, there will be a range of views, and I'm open to hearing an alternative interpretation if you have one to offer.

We broke the rules and got caught. You can try to explain it away as much you like. The fact that we've claimed £170m in covid losses is a huge red flag. Yes, you're mudding the water like your attacks on the Independent Commission/Judges - though @Damo_1878 has corrected your assumption of their independence, you keep repeating it. That's the definition of a Trump style tactic.

I find it amusing that some posters were saying "JUST BREAK FFP RULES AND ACCEPT THE PUNISHMENT".

We then, for the last few years, reigned in our spending and we still broke FFP rules.

lollollol

A Premier League club who spent 1.7m in a Summer window is being charged with breaking rules.

How mads dat.

That was the same summer as this too.

July 2021:

This is a common theme I keep seeing...

Everton Turnover is c£193m based on 2021 accounts, so to fall foul of FFP over 3 years we would need to have spent £684m plus....

Chelsea Turnover is £568.3m based on 2022 accounts, they can spend in excess of £1.8 Billion before they fall foul of FFP, their yearly turnover is nearly 3 times ours....

I hope this clarifies this for you.

The person (Yes one single person) to blame is Bill Kenwright, whilst Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool (Who we formed the PL with) were taking advantage of the Premier League boom and setting structure to improve revenue we stood still and were being run like a club from the 80s..... we are so far behind we are never likely to catch the now big 6, ever!

Look at the Deloitte money league, look at how the big 6 revenue dwarves us and is nearly 3 times the size, even West ham, Leeds and Leicester getting above us with Newcastle on a course to overtake... Commercially we are catastrophic which has led us to the point we are now. Any new owners need to focus on balancing books and growth of revenue streams which hopefully the stadium will unlock.

View attachment 207435
It's a sad state of affairs when you look at these sort of facts/figures, forget ffp for a minute. And look at the future sustainability of the Premier league/football in general.
What becomes the point in it, when clubs know they will never get the chance of competing properly in the league. What a life for a young fan, better off going and supporting your local non league team.

If a certain group of clubs can never be challenged financially off the field the same will always play out on the field.

The sol meaning of the word 'competition' becomes irrelevant.
Because you can't ever realistically become competitive with that certain set of clubs.

FFP/Profit + Sustainability might help a keep a club afloat but you will only ever be treading water.

( Sorry for the ramble but this thread and graphs/figures just drains you )

We broke the rules and got caught. You can try to explain it away as much you like. The fact that we've claimed £170m in covid losses is a huge red flag. Yes, you're mudding the water like your attacks on the Independent Commission/Judges - though @Damo_1878 has corrected your assumption of their independence, you keep repeating it. That's the definition of a Trump style tactic.

Your determination to see Everton punished is admiralable. It underlines how objective you are. Well done.

The fact Everton were ok'd by the PL over its spending is just a minor inconvenient detail.

Last edited:

It's a sad state of affairs when you look at these sort of facts/figures, forget ffp for a minute. And look at the future sustainability of the Premier league/football in general.
What becomes the point in it, when clubs know they will never get the chance of competing properly in the league. What a life for a young fan, better off going and supporting your local non league team.

If a certain group of clubs can never be challenged financially off the field the same will always play out on the field.

The sol meaning of the word 'competition' becomes irrelevant.
Because you can't ever realistically become competitive with that certain set of clubs.

FFP/Profit + Sustainability might help a keep a club afloat but you will only ever be treading water.

( Sorry for the ramble but this thread and graphs/figures just drains you )
It's a midden of a rule.

Everton are spending THEIR own cash. We're not leveraged by some financial institution and up to their eyes in debt. We are sustainable because we have an owner that can support us.

They deducted Portsmouth points for crashing their club over a cliff, and rightly so.

Why on earth a club with sound finances should be faced with the possibilty of being similarly punished as that basket case I have no idea.

Perhaps the clever people can inform us?

@MIKE85

Your determination to see Everton punished is admiral. It underlines how objective you are. Well done.

The fact Everton were ok'd by the PL over its spending is just a minor inconvenient detail.
Seems to be a few in here who would be delighted that their negative guesses come true and the worst happens to the club they support. Most enlightening.

Can you show me a copy of the letter the PL sent Everton oking its spending please Dave, curious in its wording.
Can you show me the one where it says the PL have proof of Everton transgressing any rules? They've merely referred this not charged Everton.

Can you show me the one where it says the PL have proof of Everton transgressing any rules? They've merely referred this not charged Everton.
No, Dave, I have stated numerous times that I have no facts or evidence.

But you above claimed the PL sent Everton a letter, can you show me the letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.