Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We broke the rules.

We should accept whatever punishment comes our way.

But, if we appoint the right legal team, it shouldnt be the punishment we deserve.

It might be against the rules to not pay your mortgage/council tax but you should get a fairer trial/treatment if you work with the supplier/regulator to do what is in your power to resolve the issue.

You may say that's completely different given it is a sporting regulation that you need to comply with, but my point is if you agreed with them you would have paid off x by this date then you'll be okay and months later they come back and say actually you should have paid this much more, then that should be reasonable grounds for an extension or renegotiation of terms. If they had of said to us no that won't be acceptable at the time then we could have sold Gordon or another to try and meet their demands.

Seems to be a few in here who would be delighted that their negative guesses come true and the worst happens to the club they support. Most enlightening.
They want Everton in the Champonshop...you see that way we can be sure we get shut of Kenwright and DBB.

That'll be the basis to build the club back up from.

Clever isn't it?

Seems to be a few in here who would be delighted that their negative guesses come true and the worst happens to the club they support. Most enlightening.
Bruh, Everton brings nothing but misery to my life these days.

Every weekend subjected to pain and suffering.

And they charge me 900 quid a year for the privilege, I want this club gone from my life!

Im too weak to leave it, so it needs to leave me.

No, Dave, I have stated numerous times that I have no facts or evidence.

But you above claimed the PL sent Everton a letter, can you show me the letter?
The club have stated this on a number of occasions, a newspaper report underlined that's what their sources told them. Beyond that we're on the same footing: me defending and choosing to believe our club and you attacking it and backing the PL.

Bruh, Everton brings nothing but misery to my life these days.

Every weekend subjected to pain and suffering.

And they charge me 900 quid a year for the privilege, I want this club gone from my life!

Im too weak to leave it, so it needs to leave me.
You need to step away from the heat of this battle mate. You're jaded and defeatist.

Only Everton warriors are required now. Not faint hearts and Quislings.

There’s a whole world of interpretation we don’t know about…

We are clueless as to which way it falls. Of course we want to believe the club. Of course we do. But they’ve been wrong so so so many times about too many things to take their word that the sky is blue

The club have stated this on a number of occasions, a newspaper report underlined that's what their sources told them. Beyond that we're on the same footing: me defending and choosing to believe our club and you attacking it and backing the PL.
Ok, can you show me a club statement saying everything is fine?

113al2.jpg

Everton Football Club is disappointed to hear of the Premier League’s decision to refer an allegation of a breach of Profit & Sustainability regulations to an independent commission for review.

The Club strongly contests the allegation of non-compliance and together with its independent team of experts is entirely confident that it remains compliant with all financial rules and regulations.

Everton is prepared to robustly defend its position to the commission. The Club has, over several years, provided information to the Premier League in an open and transparent manner and has consciously chosen to act with the utmost good faith at all times.

The Club will not be making any further comment at this time.

And LOL, you are choosing to believe the club, when the club literally published an official document detailing how and why they broke the rules?

Our club has broken the rules.

Thats not even a debate.

It might be against the rules to not pay your mortgage/council tax but you should get a fairer trial/treatment if you work with the supplier/regulator to do what is in your power to resolve the issue.

You may say that's completely different given it is a sporting regulation that you need to comply with, but my point is if you agreed with them you would have paid off x by this date then you'll be okay and months later they come back and say actually you should have paid this much more, then that should be reasonable grounds for an extension or renegotiation of terms. If they had of said to us no that won't be acceptable at the time then we could have sold Gordon or another to try and meet their demands.
This is what it'll surely come down to - if we've been discussing this all along and said "Ok our 21/22 losses will be x after selling Richarlison" and they've said "OK, that's fine" then surely they can't go back on that. If they'd said "no, it needs to be 40m less than that to be compliant" then we have the opportunity to sell Gordon or Pickford and surely we'd have, reluctantly, had to do so.

If they told us last summer our accounts would be non-compliant and we didn't sell another player to make them so, we are bang to rights. If they told us we were fine I don't see what the case is, unless we badly mislead them as to the numbers, which would be a very foolish thing to do (and therefore perfectly plausible).

Ok, can you show me a club statement saying everything is fine?

113al2.jpg

Everton Football Club is disappointed to hear of the Premier League’s decision to refer an allegation of a breach of Profit & Sustainability regulations to an independent commission for review.

The Club strongly contests the allegation of non-compliance and together with its independent team of experts is entirely confident that it remains compliant with all financial rules and regulations.

Everton is prepared to robustly defend its position to the commission. The Club has, over several years, provided information to the Premier League in an open and transparent manner and has consciously chosen to act with the utmost good faith at all times.

The Club will not be making any further comment at this time.

And LOL, you are choosing to believe the club, when the club literally published an official document detailing how and why they broke the rules?

Our club has broken the rules.

Thats not even a debate.
Are these the same independent experts who advised there was a risk to the board and spread lies about a headlock?

Don’t know how anyone can trust a word that comes from the club. If they post that we have won a game, I go and double check.

Your determination to see Everton punished is admiralable. It underlines how objective you are. Well done.

The fact Everton were ok'd by the PL over its spending is just a minor inconvenient detail.

Dave, you keep accusing people of wanting Everton punished.

They don't. They are angry at how the club has been mismanaged to have been placed in this position. By Bill Kenwright and Denise Barrett-Baxendale

Status
Not open for further replies.