Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does, but as I said above 36 is the low end of what I expect us to get. If I was pressed to make a final prediction of what we'll end up with I think I'd say 38 points.
If Dyche achieves that he'll have credibility that Lampard never did.

When Dyche took us over, we were in a dreadful mess. He has already improved us and got us out of the bottom three. If he gets us to 38, it would seem likely that his improvement trajectory will have been consistent and upwards. Frank took us over when we were six points clear of the drop zone, I believe. He won a game or two, then plunged us into the bottom three - 5 points from Burnley at one point - and only eventually dug us put at the end (from 0-2 down). There was nothing consistent about that. It was as if he took over the plane, did a loop-the-loop, threatened to crash it into the nearest mountain, and only just landed it safely having missed a cliff edge.

If Dyche gets us to 38, I doubt he'll have the luxury of losing three in a row before a rescue mission, so he'll be extremely well-placed for the summer cull that will be necessary to reinvigorate us for next season.

Yeah, it’s almost impossible to boil things down to easy / hard games now. Every team in the league still has something to play for - 9 teams are scrapping for the lives and Villa in 11th are within 4 points of Europe. Won’t be too much “on the beach” factor this year.

On paper Palace have a fairly easy run against lower half sides but that run of theirs would scare me - every team they face next month will be battling like hell against relegation and they’ll need the physical and mental strength for 6 consecutive 6-pointers.

I’m not sure if I’d prefer Palace to go on a little mini run and get themselves safe before they play us tbh. Selhurst Park can actually be an intimidating place to play when their fans are up for it.

Palace looking for that old manager bounce

AngelicIdolizedGalapagoshawk-max-1mb.gif

I’m not sure if I’d prefer Palace to go on a little mini run and get themselves safe before they play us tbh. Selhurst Park can actually be an intimidating place to play when their fans are up for it.
We won’t be safe by then but take some comfort from the fact that Dyche’s Burnley often did well at Selhurst and strangled the life out of us.

It's still a tough gig mate - but we're in the fight now.

We're playing so much better under Dyche though and if he keeps up the form he's had so far, we stay up easy.

But that's a big ask, we still have the worst front three in the Prem IMO.
It is tough as a couple of bad results puts you back down. Whats encouraging I think is we have shown we’ve got the stomach for the fight now also we have had the worst forward line since dyche came in but we’re still finding ways of creating chances and have looked a lot more threatening than under Lampard with the same players.

Yeah, definitely suits us table wise if Palace win all three against Leicester, Leeds and Southampton. We don’t need to finish above 8 teams.

That said, if they are still without a win by then it’ll be full on panic mode by then and their heads may be gone so it’s impossible to know what makes for an easier game.

Put us through the grind of the Palace game though, all that stress could’ve been saved and we could’ve all had an extra 5 years on this planet as a result.

It did, but ultimately every point gained counts in the end

I remember how I didn't know how to feel after snatching the draw at Goodison against Leicester that season, knowing that we wouldn't know whether it was a "good" point or not until the season was over

This whole relegation battle stuff is horrible

It's still a tough gig mate - but we're in the fight now.

We're playing so much better under Dyche though and if he keeps up the form he's had so far, we stay up easy.

But that's a big ask, we still have the worst front three in the Prem IMO.

I think Dyche is averaging something like 7 points every 5 games isn't he?

If he keeps that up then we'll have something like 14-16 points in our final fixtures, which should be enough for survival

As you say though, it's a big ask

We're going to have to win some games we're not supposed to

Status
Not open for further replies.