2022/23 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pie-faced moron reminds me of pob.

Cupace20230319205942316~4.png

Exactly. Doucoure, Iwobi, Gana, to name a few. Keane has been a big part in our resurgence and it baffles me that people don’t give credit where it is due.
A lot of it is because a lot of these players have also been part of the problem, over the last 3/4/5 years. We’ve finished in the bottom
Half 4yrs running. A slightly better manager isn’t getting them top half. If the 4 players names are all regulars next season, we will be bottom half again, imo

Tarks definitely brings out the best in him. Having played together in the past they have a pretty solid understanding. I am more than happy at the moment to go with that combination. Tarks reminds me of Everton Defenders of old
Apparently only played one game together at Burnley not sure how true that is, but it did seem looking back it was Keane and mee and then Tarkowski came in after we bought Keane

Was just about to post the same. Couldn’t watch the game yesterday but had a look on here and was expecting to see a clanger. Thought I was watching the wrong goal when I did see the highlights. It’s just personal agendas blaming him for that - as you say what was he meant to do - leave it and let the ball roll across the penalty box? Nuts.
Yeah, I thought I must’ve missed something when everyone was blaming him for the opener but watching the highlights back just now I think he has to stick a foot out there. If he leaves it and someone’s running in behind him to slot then that’s an error. Don’t think Dyche will have any real issue with his defending there.

Great to see him performing well. Credit to Dyche, who went against fans' conventional wisdom to play him. If that had gone wrong it could have been a nail in Dyche's coffin.

Yes I agree, we need to buy a first choice if we have the money. Unfortunately you can see Keane & Tarkowski starting next season
Branthwaite i really want to see break into the team next season, have tark experience next to him i really feel could work for us. I have been happy with keane has done ok he really does win alot of headers in both boxes.

Mina is deffo better and hopefully he could manage 1 whole game of football
He isn't even close to being better, which is why Dyche has him stuck.on the bench and won't risk him.
In a season when we have done so badly in defensive you don't change it when the results are positive.
The only option we have is starting Keane now

He isn't even close to being better, which is why Dyche has him stuck.on the bench and won't risk him.
In a season when we have done so badly in defensive you don't change it when the results are positive.
I agree. We are picking up points so we should keep the backline as it was.

The stats over the last 4yrs tell you we pick up more points when Mina plays. He’s better than Keane. We ship 4 v Arsenal could have been 6 but for Pickford, but that’s fine apparently because they’re top of the league.

Forest he was at fault for the first, the 2nd he and Tarkowski drop so far back into our box, they couldn’t get out to close the shot down from Johnson.

And yesterday’s clearance was poor on their first goal, but he wasn’t the only one who was poor on that goal. We all know he can win headers, but he’s been a bang average CB for the 6yrs we’ve had him and that won’t change

We have any business sense we sell Keane for £15mill to Forest or West Ham, get Coady for £4mill and put the reminder towards other positions.

But then again...I'm sure Coady will have offers and guarantees for 1st team togger

Status
Not open for further replies.