2022/23 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defo on the stretch so no control of clearance. Two choices....get a foot to it regardless of not being in control or leave it which could possibly result in a goal. Either way he gets slaughtered. I am sure everyone on here that has played football has found the ball sometimes out of full reach and just got a toe to it.
The fault lays solely with the Chelsea player being in too much space. Is that the midfields fault or is it the defence abandoning players to defend the goal
Just saw it as well, a bit on the stretch, sure, but looked up before playing the ball, saw Iwobi so tried to play it to him, which would've been great but not what's needed.

The rest I agree with though.

Not really having its his fault the first. Is he supposed to just let crosses into the box now?
Was just about to post the same. Couldn’t watch the game yesterday but had a look on here and was expecting to see a clanger. Thought I was watching the wrong goal when I did see the highlights. It’s just personal agendas blaming him for that - as you say what was he meant to do - leave it and let the ball roll across the penalty box? Nuts.

Was just about to post the same. Couldn’t watch the game yesterday but had a look on here and was expecting to see a clanger. Thought I was watching the wrong goal when I did see the highlights. It’s just personal agendas blaming him for that - as you say what was he meant to do - leave it and let the ball roll across the penalty box? Nuts.
What you say here is spot on, problem is a lot of people who watch football but dont actually understand what is going on, so they think he is at fault, when the reality is he managed to deal with the situation, one that he wasnt at fault for making

A Premier League defender not knowing to clear the ball away from the box/centre of the pitch is hard to believe.
The same could be said about Coleman and Iwobi leading up to that goal. Had either of them at least done a fraction of their job we wouldn’t have given up that goal in the first place. But Keane is the scapegoat. Doesn’t matter how well he plays, like scoringa huge goal in keeping us up last year and he still gets sh. It on.

The same could be said about Coleman and Iwobi leading up to that goal. Had either of them at least done a fraction of their job we wouldn’t have given up that goal in the first place. But Keane is the scapegoat. Doesn’t matter how well he plays, like scoringa huge goal in keeping us up last year and he still gets sh. It on.
Well I said he's doing okay imo earlier on, just this could've been dealt with better. Granted, as you say, a join crap effort lol

He's a scapegoat for a reason - so many unprovoked mistakes that cost us goals - he's an easy target for it, yes, but it's self inflicted from that. You can say it's cuz of the way we set up and all, but in some cases it was easier to not make a mistake leading to a goal

He's a scapegoat for a reason - so many unprovoked mistakes that cost us goals - he's an easy target for it, yes, but it's self inflicted from that.
This is nonsense, how can it be self inflicted when poeple are moaning about him when he has done nothing wrong, like yesterday being a good example, he is a scapegoat because some love to witch hunt for the sake of it

Think he did ok and definitely offers more than Coady at both ends. He did miss a golden chance to head one in though. He only had to make contact with his forehead and it was in. Not moaning though. Just chuffed with the comeback.

This is totally meaningless, you can say that about every player we have, besides, you say he shouldn’t be in the starting XI if we want to improve, but, we have improved since he came into the starting line up?
Exactly. Doucoure, Iwobi, Gana, to name a few. Keane has been a big part in our resurgence and it baffles me that people don’t give credit where it is due.

I'm one of his harshest critics, but bar his first game (understandably rusty) he's been rock solid and is playing well.
When he’s asked to defend and defend alone, he looks solid. When he’s been asked to play a high line or be a ball playing out from the back defender…

… he hasn’t. Square peg in a square hole comes to mind. Let us not pretend he is perfect, but right now he is doing a decent job.

Exactly. Doucoure, Iwobi, Gana, to name a few. Keane has been a big part in our resurgence and it baffles me that people don’t give credit where it is due.
The main thing is Dyche has seen he has to start every week now, and I cant see that changing anytime soon, Coady has lost his place for Everton and the England squad, Mina is correctly behind Keane now too

Status
Not open for further replies.