2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did fine enough again, putting in the effort to press as well. Unlucky with the goal but looked like it came off his chest and then on to his right arm changing the direction of the ball? Not sure, but I’m not a grown man who always used to get picked last in the playground football match who can now dish out his revenge on those better at football than him.

I was against playing him up there, but he’s definitely shown he’s a better option than maupay and simms. I think it’s just the fact that defenders know he’s a threat, makes such a difference.

Keep him there for now.

For what he has been asked to do he has performed very well. His workrate has been top notch, hunting down the ball, going up for headers against grocks he probably can't win and getting clattered for it. That said he isn't making it a freebie for them.

Unlucky not to have scored with his shot and with the VAR call although I haven't seen that yet to really comment. Just boils my pee that it can't be clear and obvious if they have to check it for more than 10 seconds. I hate celebrating knowing at any second it can be taken away from us. It is making it pointless being in the stands nowadays.

I was against playing him up there, but he’s definitely shown he’s a better option than maupay and simms. I think it’s just the fact that defenders know he’s a threat, makes such a difference.

Keep him there for now.
Maupay and Simms sounds like an 80s American cop show. Two hardened broads on the detective beat for the New York Police Department’s 10th Precinct.

He needs to do a bit more when the balls played up to him I think. I know he’s not a natural there but there were a few times when he just made it too easy to take the ball off him when we needed him to get a hold of it. Still probably the best option at the moment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.