2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to do a bit more when the balls played up to him I think. I know he’s not a natural there but there were a few times when he just made it too easy to take the ball off him when we needed him to get a hold of it. Still probably the best option at the moment though.
Indeed the whole second half he struggled to hold it up

Maupay and Simms sounds like an 80s American cop show. Two hardened broads on the detective beat for the New York Police Department’s 10th Precinct.
Haha.

One a hard working cop that riles everyone up but ultimately never quite gets the job done.

The other did a decent ish job down the local police station, but struggling to replicate that in the big city.

He needs to do a bit more when the balls played up to him I think. I know he’s not a natural there but there were a few times when he just made it too easy to take the ball off him when we needed him to get a hold of it. Still probably the best option at the moment though.

If he gets pushed off the ball, I can forgive him, but there are times that he is trying tricks at the wrong moments. It's different to playing wide. I'd also prefer him when he gets it, to run directly opponents and get shots away.

That being said, I think he tires in games, and could probably do with being replaced on the hour mark. That's on Dyche rather than Gray though.

Maupay and Simms sounds like an 80s American cop show. Two hardened broads on the detective beat for the New York Police Department’s 10th Precinct.
hgzb4uotyoo41.jpg

When he gets the ball, he needs to lay it off to others and get himself up the pitch. Tonight he's just constantly holding onto the ball like he's got all the time in the world.

Very poor so far.

Difficult to judge Gray harshly because playing as a lone striker means you spend most of the game being cut in half by grocks whenever the ball is anywhere near you, he’s doing ok for me. He’s begun to work hard and press from the front and his pace makes sure the opposition cbs can’t camp in our half like when Maupey is playing. Keep putting it in Demerai

He's playing that Marcus Bent role very decently. He doesn't offer anything in the air but he's working hard for the team and we are getting some good results.

Good shout that, Bent was a bit more savvy but 2nd half he certainly grafted. Got a 2nd wind one Doucoure scored as well.

Don't know if anyone noticed but I felt that he moved Gray to the right, Doucoure up front, Iwobi as a WB and Coleman as a CB at one point. Just before and during the equaliser. Then had them shifting in and out of the original positions over a period of time.

Yeah I feel he will suffer criticism for basically being our main outlet and our biggest threat. Issue is teams will try to snuff him out and keep him man marked so he may be frozen out of games but that isn’t always a negative if it opens others up. Until someone else steps up in that starting role he is our best option.

Big shift from him. 90 minutes and he was running like a man possessed for the majority of it.

Well impressed, was "dropped" almost immediately by Dyche and has fought his way back into the fold with hard work and good performances in a position that he's not completely fluent in.

Status
Not open for further replies.