2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily up there for player of the season for me.

He's carried our attack on his own IMO. Not Richarlison levels but for how awful we are in attack, he's the only one that's consistently put a shift in.

Yeah he’s turned up for us this season when I thought he might have been one of those to go hiding. Has done well to come back into Dyche’s team after being dropped.

Yeah he’s turned up for us this season when I thought he might have been one of those to go hiding. Has done well to come back into Dyche’s team after being dropped.
Still think (and it looks like more so by the week) he was dropped because he wasn't fit enough to actually start and go for 90 minutes.

Especially seeing as since he's played 90 minutes several times and even looking energetic towards the end of games!

Good to see Dyche has instilled the work ethic into the boy.

What a signing by Benitez btw. £1.7m up there with 60k for Coleman.
Why feel the need to keep banging this drum, it would be weird doing it for any sacked manager but this particular one has you stinking the gaff out.

Benítez has gone, Lampard has gone, all this sniping and point scoring is totally irrelevant.

I give credit to Dyche for trying Gray at striker and sticking with it. Most managers would take the easy way out play Maupay let him stink the joint out and blame it on the player when they could be making adjustments like this. Good on him

Easily up there for player of the season for me.

He's carried our attack on his own IMO. Not Richarlison levels but for how awful we are in attack, he's the only one that's consistently put a shift in.
Without him, we'd be dead and buried. I'm not saying he's this year's Richarlison, who helped drag us over the line, but he's been very influential.

Genuinely our only attacking threat, one thing that bugs me is he constantly slows attacks down by stopping the ball dead. He has the ability to run at players and when he does he looks brilliant

Genuinely our only attacking threat, one thing that bugs me is he constantly slows attacks down by stopping the ball dead. He has the ability to run at players and when he does he looks brilliant
He has t do that for our midfield to join the attack .......he has tremendous ability to beat a defender though ...

He has t do that for our midfield to join the attack .......he has tremendous ability to beat a defender though ...
It’s too often though mate. Whilst allowing our forwards to get forward it allows the opposition to get back. He needs to be more direct as that’s what he’s good at,

It’s too often though mate. Whilst allowing our forwards to get forward it allows the opposition to get back. He needs to be more direct as that’s what he’s good at,
It is but don't forget he has pulled that same trick he scored against Arsenal a few times, defences aren't as willing to allow him such space these days.
Also problem is when he goes direct alone people say ge us greedy..

Status
Not open for further replies.