Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately it isn’t because everyone around us has a game in hand and the only ones we have left to play are Wolves and Bournemouth. So it’s very much not in our hands.
That's somewhat academic. If we want to stay up, we need to start putting points on the board.

There's no point speculating about what other teams might achieve in the same time period - we need to concentrate on our games. We need a LOT of points, and quickly.

Every game under Dyche so far, I've felt if we had a decent striker we'd be right in it.

All comes down to Calvert-Lewin's fitness, IMO.

Forget Arsenal away. I fancy us at Anfield more than I ever do Arsenal away. It's our worst game in the league.

Dyche has always struggled when his sides go behind.

Sadly for us, he’s now working with a group of players who instead of running through bring walls, cower and run the other way.

There have been lots of positives, which sounds bizarre considering we lost 4-0 last night, but I’m not ready to throw the towel in, just yet.

Asking me again in 10 days and i May think differently.

Supposing we need 18 points from 15 games, to be really sure. I'm looking for 4 wins, 6 draws and 5 losses, here goes:

(According to my optimistic-pessimistic hope-killing predictions, one route to safety requires 3 Away wins, and draws against teams like Newcastle, Fulham and Brentford who are playing well often. This is tough! This prediction also means we'd need 8 points from the last 5 games - also hard!
Anyway we look at this, it's going to be a really difficult ask, and will need the bottom teams to get less than 35 points in the end, and a lower threshold to avoid relegation.)
What do you think?

Vills (H) - 3 pts / UPDATE 0 POINTS
Arsenal (A) - 0 / UPDATE 0 POINTS

now need to find 3 points from another game...I'm hoping for Brentford or Chelsea so that we can get them in early. We hardly ever win 2 in a row, we need to beat forest so hopefully it's Chelsea. But then again, that'll be the match we play Chelsea into form and Potter discovers his best Starting XI and all the new players click. I hate this. So let's say we beat Brentford, that adds 2 points, and we draw against Spurs. 18 points. Now from 13 games. Easy. 😩

Forest (A) - 3
Brentford (H) - 1 / UPDATE TO 3 points
Chelsea (A) - 0
Spurs (H) - 0 / UPDATE TO 1
Man U (A) - 0
Fulham (H) - 1
Palace (A) - 1
Newcastle (H) - 1
Leicester (A) - 3
Brighton (A) - 1
Man City (H) - 0
Wolves (A) - 3
Bournemouth (H) - 1

That's somewhat academic. If we want to stay up, we need to start putting points on the board.

There's no point speculating about what other teams might achieve in the same time period - we need to concentrate on our games. We need a LOT of points, and quickly.

33 points to play for.

A late run for Europe may be a bit of reach though.

If we win every game, absolutely.

We need a lot of favours along the way, and to win the games we NEED to win.

Hopefully Goodison under the lights a couple of times will do us the World of good.

It will ebb and flow its the way of it mate, we will loose games we will expect to win, win some we will expect to loose.

Looking at the fixtures we have good few mid-table teams, hitting the last stretch of the year you want to be playing teams who have no skin in the game when it comes to Europe and relegation.

Last two against Wolves and Bourmouth, could be seat of your pants stuff.

It will ebb and flow its the way of it mate, we will loose games we will expect to win, win some we will expect to loose.

Looking at the fixtures we have good few mid-table teams, hitting the last stretch of the year you want to be playing teams who have no skin in the game when it comes to Europe and relegation.

Last two against Wolves and Bourmouth, could be seat of your pants stuff.

Absolutely.

I’m looking at May, and seeing games like City, which is sandwiched Inbetween two Semi finals in the CL, which could come to favour us.

Wolves, Bournemouth could be sides playing for pride for respective reasons.

Newcastle, Spurs under the lights, can suit us perfectly. The fans need to know how important we are, because we can survive, we’re not dead like people are saying.

Absolutely.

I’m looking at May, and seeing games like City, which is sandwiched Inbetween two Semi finals in the CL, which could come to favour us.

Newcastle, Spurs under the lights, can suit us perfectly. The fans need to know how important we are, because we can survive, we’re not dead like people are saying.

Agreed mate i think its the run from Fulham to City that goign to make or break us.

If we can get four points before Chelsea it would really set us up.

See if you do this for other clubs down there its quite interesting, lets look at Leeds

Chelsea A
Brighton H
Wolves A
Arsenal A
Forest H
Palace H
Liverpool H
Fulham A
Leicester H
Bournmouth A
Man City A
Newcastle H
West Ham A
Spurs H

I dont see them getting more points then us, they coulld easily come in sub 35 points this season, that run in is a nightmare with 3 top 4 chasers

The difference is that Leeds will score more than we will. If we don’t win 1-0, we don’t win at all.

My forecast for the remaing matches puts us on a final grand total of just 34 points & certain relegation. Goodbye Premier League, hello to the Chajpionship.

Forest (A) - 1
Brentford (H) - 0
Chelsea (A) - 1
Spurs (H) - 0
Man Utd (A) - 0
Fulham (H) - 3
Palace (A) - 1
Newcastle (H) - 1
Leicester (A) - 1
Brighton (A) - 1
Man City (H) - 0
Wolves (A) - 1
Bournemouth (H) - 3

Absolutely.

I'm a bit fed up with all the onus being put on the fans. The support under Dyche has been absolutely fine, but supporters are human and only have so much energy to give. There is only so many times you can have the stuffing knocked out of you and not be affected.

Yes we are still in with a chance of survival, but the players need to take responsibility, and if the worst happens then it certainly won't the fans fault. There will be those who try to portray it like that, and blame the supporters, but the blame lies 100% with board and owner. The fans are united more so than ever in their support for the team and opposition to the current regime.

I'm a bit fed up with all the onus being put on the fans. The support under Dyche has been absolutely fine, but supporters are human and only have so much energy to give. There is only so many times you can have the stuffing knocked out of you and not be affected.

Yes we are still in with a chance of survival, but the players need to take responsibility, and if the worst happens then it certainly won't the fans fault. There will be those who try to portray it like that, and blame the supporters, but the blame lies 100% with board and owner. The fans are united more so than ever in their support for the team and opposition to the current regime.

Sadly mate, if we don’t, we go.

Some of my best memories watching Everton are when Goodison has been rocking, and what an experience they have been.

So they’ve let us down, but players will come and go, the club might not bounce back if we go down. Up to us now to rally once again, because the players f certainly aren’t stepping up.

Sadly mate, if we don’t, we go.

Some of my best memories watching Everton are when Goodison has been rocking, and what an experience they have been.

So they’ve let us down, but players will come and go, the club might not bounce back if we go down. Up to us now to rally once again, because the players f certainly aren’t stepping up.
The fans will do what they've always done and give support, it doesn't need to be said.

But it can only do so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.