Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leeds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have dropped coady for Keane because coady has been awful most the season and Keane has better passing and is more of a threat on set pieces. I would also have maybe gone 4-4-2 but maybe onana will play more advanced or doucoure.
You make lots of good points to be fair, but I think Dyche wants to play a certain way and that is limiting how many adaptations he can make.

4-4-2 with Maupay and Gray off him could have been an option, yet then that may limit our ability to change it up later - all wide players on the pitch.

Coady being dropped should be a given, with Mina, Godfrey, Holgate or Keane all choices.

4 centre backs but doesn't have to be, we have kids, stick them on the bench, when will we ever need 4 extra CB's in a game.

Price, Mills could easily be on the bench, I'd even put Okonronkwo on atm just to freshen up how stale it looks.

I honestly hope Dyche doesn't fall into the same trap and putting all his trust in the same of non performing players.

Absolute pressure game today.

Can't wait for the day 1 up top is binned, I much prefer a decent partnership who can feed off each other rather than the striker constantly with his back to goal and no support from midfield.

He needs to find a way for the midfield to be more productive. Drop a mid and put Simms on with Maupay for me.

Price, Mills could easily be on the bench, I'd even put Okonronkwo on atm just to freshen up how stale it looks.

I honestly hope Dyche doesn't fall into the same trap and putting all his trust in the same of non performing players.

Absolute pressure game today.
The only (and perhaps simplest) issue with the youth options could be that they simply aren't good enough. Are they any better than Simms?

That was a lucky win by all accounts. We got the goal out of nowhere and they missed a series of very good chances
1676729850129.png

1676729896393.png

1676729864757.png

Status
Not open for further replies.