2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real sad thing is , this could of all been prevented years ago by having people with foresight and the intelligence to plan for any potential issues long term. A culture that suits the many not the few has really come home.

You can’t run a professional outfit by scurrying around trying to solve problems last minute or not all and not expect any consequences.

Every time a transfer window opens there was a sense that something urgent needed fixing or there was a disappointment or issue not remedied so we had to wait till the next transfer window to solve more problems. Like trying to fix a gaping wound with cello tape or just sleep it off.

You could see it a mile off years ago but was dismissed with comments like “Rome wasn’t built in a day” or “just get behind the team”. It’s infuriating.
Couldnt agree more, then add in the crises of the last few years globally and "little" old Everton hustling away in the background feeding off scraps but trying tp lay with the big boys with a plan drawn up with crayons and glue, only ends one way.

I fear for us, as a Club, I really do.

I posted a few years back on here that a big club, and yes we are one of the biggest historically, could fail and said at the time I hope it isnt us.

As far as sport goes, its tragic.

And yet all would have been and perhaps still could be with the right people in place.

Why an allegedly astute and savvy businessman, couldn't, wont or cant do something about this is beyond me.

Collectively, on here we have more savvy than those that are currently custodians of this club.
How far do we have to sink before its too far?

Dom literally came back early twice under Benitez - against medical advice - and made the problem a lot worse.

Lampard was better than Benitez, he really listened to the medical team, but still needed him fit.

Dyche literally said after the Arsenal game that it was 'high risk, high reward' to play Dom.

This idea people have planted in their heads that he's a wimp - which is based on the fact he did some modelling, FFS - is just stupid. Sums up a large mentality issue with a section of our fanbase, though.
And every time that he comes back early to help the team and it sets him back weeks / months it's completely understandable that he more reluctant to do so next time.

Blaming Dom is senseless, he is a victim more than anyone of short-term thinking by managers, and the inability of the club to provide sufficient cover. We've let him down more than he's let us down.

Dom literally came back early twice under Benitez - against medical advice - and made the problem a lot worse.

Lampard was better than Benitez, he really listened to the medical team, but still needed him fit.

Dyche literally said after the Arsenal game that it was 'high risk, high reward' to play Dom.

This idea people have planted in their heads that he's a wimp - which is based on the fact he did some modelling, FFS - is just stupid. Sums up a large mentality issue with a section of our fanbase, though.
Think is more people angry and worried at what could happen this season. Not an excuse is definately something more serious with dcl, that might have shown why no clubs came in for him. I do hope the lad can get over whatever is wrong but just dont think he ever will now. Whatever hapoens this season we need to replace him and get a starting cf

This is true tbf.

But the issue is Simms shouldn't be here either and unlike Rondon we're negatively impacting his development and ultimately the fee we'd be able to recoup for him.

He will never make it at Everton, if Everton are in the Premier League. He's the same age as Haaland.
Pointless making any comparisons with haaland in my view as he is unique.

I don’t disagree with you though as ideally he would still be at Sunderland getting games at the level we need him to be at for us next season ?

I don’t know if he will make it with us. Some players don’t click until years later (eg vardy) but I know I’d rather have him in the squad than rondon (as at least simms has shown he can score some goals recently)

Far out, not sure if that tweet above is a legitimate source or not.

But remembering what DCL spoke about at the end of last season, I hope he has a good support network.

I dare say this might be more than just/in addition to, physical injury.

Giggling to myself how we didn't think to replace him over the last couple of windows.

Its not really funny like because we're looking likely to go down again, but for the fact of how bad it is from the board/thelwell,.you've got to laugh.

Giving him his own schedule and road to recovery.

FFS, imagine Leeds coming out with this about Bamford who has pretty much the same record for them as Calvert-Lewin has for us and with a similar injury record. We'd be howling with laughter.

The standards of this club is in the bin. Imagine any halfway decent Everton striker from the past looking at this palaver for a player who's scored 46 goals over about a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.