January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘He's an abuser, just not a convicted one’
The court didnt think so. Reminds me of the Paddy Jackson Rugby case when at Ulster. Court found him not guilty but hounded by the liberal media about a rape be didnt commit. Until Ulster Rugby cancelled his contract. Disgraceful. ?
The bar for a criminal conviction is obviously alot higher.

He doesn't have to be guilty of a crime to have his contract terminated, only of gross misconduct. Pretty certain the evidence already in the public domain will take care of that.

He's an abuser, just not a convicted one, and he should never play at the top level of football again. No doubt he will, though, because a lot of people and institutions have moral compasses just like yours.
I don't have an opinion on Mason Greenwood and it certainly will never be an issue that EFC has to grapple with.

But, on a wider point if he is not being charged with a crime for whatever reason he has the right for a presumption of innocence. I don't know him personally or know enough about the circumstances of his life to judge him. I think we all need to be cautious about appointing ourselves ass judge and jury.

Again, I didn't say it was right or wrong, just that no court had found him guilty of anything
You smugly dived on an opinion that the poster would be finished with Everton if we signed him, insisting that the court of public opinion held no sway and that Greenwood is innocent.

Surely that means you’d be fine with him playing for Everton, so you don’t see enough wrongness in what he’s done for that to be an issue for you?

Or, *gasp*, were you just being an edge lord on an Internet forum?

To bring this back to something resembling topic, we should not contemplate signing Mason Greenwood in any transfer window, ever.

I don't have an opinion on Mason Greenwood and it certainly will never be an issue that EFC has to grapple with.

But, on a wider point if he is not being charged with a crime for whatever reason he has the right for a presumption of innocence. I don't know him personally or know enough about the circumstances of his life to judge him. I think we all need to be cautious about appointing ourselves ass judge and jury.
There is an audio recording of him assaulting his girlfriend. She posted pictures of the aftermath of one of his assaults.

The fact she refused to bear witness against him at trial because, apparently, she is back with him, doesn’t alter the facts.

Ok, it will no longer be pursued by the courts but that absolutely does NOT mean anyone should presume him innocent. He should not, and will not suffer any criminal justice and that’s great for him but he should absolutely be ceremoniously volleyed out of Man Utd Football Club and shunned by any other self-respecting club to whom he offers his services.

Looks like Everton are getting desperate in their search for out-of-contract players...
England-v-Germany-The-Legends.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.