New Everton Stadium Discussion

This has got to be draining us of cash , if it’s a 700 million build then what’s left to finish it half that ? All the joy of it is being sucked out of most fans . The more than doubling of lounge prices is all well and good when your playing first
tier games and still a hard sell , but what’s the prospects like of selling seats for 6k when your in the championship.

If Moshiri were to pull the plug, surely that calls into question whether the ground will actually be finished being built. Considering how erratic he is capable of being I think it´s now a distinct possibility this will happen. The fact he seems to believe he´s been treated unfairly by the fans only serves to make me think he´ll be even more inclined to pull the plug on funding.

Italian side Atalanta have a shirt sponsor called Gewiss.

They paid 100 million Euros for the privilege over 5 years.

I was talking to a friend ,someone quite high up at Gewiss and said the stadium naming rights were much more than that.

Interesting to see how we compare.

I have to say, I'm starting to think fans pinning their hopes on this stadium are being naive. The board have destroyed the club but we are expected to believe that this will just get built, still with no funding secured, and we'll move in and be a big club again?

Doesn't sound so realistic when you say it out loud

Definitely left half built.

It will stand as an ugly monument to the epitome of human failure, forever reminding us what could have been....Forever that is, until nature slowly reclaims it bit by bit over geological time. I expect some future archaeologist will one day discover the underground remains, and reveal to the world that the legend of the lost club of Everton, long since gone from the history books, was in fact real.
A butterfly flaps it's wings....

I have to say, I'm starting to think fans pinning their hopes on this stadium are being naive. The board have destroyed the club but we are expected to believe that this will just get built, still with no funding secured, and we'll move in and be a big club again?

Doesn't sound so realistic when you say it out loud

Stay at Goodison and what changes while Villa, Wolves and Leicester all bypass our 30 something thousand stadium with 50 thousand ones. Prospective owners won't want to buy into Everton and try and pump in millions on a Goodison rebuild or a new stadium elsewhere after seeing what happened at the docks (if it failed and never got finished) so we will become a museum piece. No increase in matchday revenue, no blue-chip sponsors, we'll get left behind by all and sundry.

Stay at Goodison and what changes while Villa, Wolves and Leicester all bypass our 30 something thousand stadium with 50 thousand ones. Prospective owners won't want to buy into Everton and try and pump in millions on a Goodison rebuild or a new stadium elsewhere after seeing what happened at the docks (if it failed and never got finished) so we will become a museum piece. No increase in matchday revenue, no blue-chip sponsors, we'll get left behind by all and sundry.
The clubs you mention redeveloped incrementally over several years.... Wolves are infact redeveloping for a second time.