January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question should be why we didnt have money avilable after a 40m+ sale. We haven't been extravagant in the last couple of years, not even close to the level of spending of perceived rivals like W Ham and Villa

Also a clear example of why late business is bad business and that criticism for failing to ever act early is fair.
but players don't want to come that's the issue

If we put 2+2 together it's one of two things (or maybe a bit of both)

1 - the stadium is absolutely rinsing us and we need funds to ensure that there's money in the bank for that. To fulfill our agreement with Lang O'Rourke there'll have to be a certain amount available at any one time.

2- Usmanov's assets being froze really damaged Moshiri's investment in the club. He is going to sell up sooner rather than later and why throw good money after bad?
Yep stadium is what I'm assuming is absorbing the money. Fair point on Usmanov

I've been a longstanding critic of the stadium project. I never felt it was the right move for us while the product on the pitch wasn't good enough.

Now we are going through the embarrassment of our last season at Goodison being as a second tier club. Makes me pretty upset and angry to be honest. What a humiliation for everyone connected with the club.

Desperation

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230131-223111_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230131-223111_Chrome.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 152
If the reports on the attempted Sarr deal are accurate and it was only a loan with obligation it looks like the Esk was right and there was never a desire to spend the Gordon money
The Gordon money has gone, it was never going to be used to buy replacements, people celebrating weakening the squad, strengthening Newcastle, and getting Moshiri some money back in his bank. Everton fans mugged off and celebrating it like some sort of victory Just dumb.

COYB!

John.

Why are we building a stadium when we can’t afford a team. It’s not like this is something new, we’ve been in this position for a couple of years

Status
Not open for further replies.