January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I thought he was the right man for the job at the time, but I can definitely see why biesla didn't get/want the job.

He would have wanted a few players coming in and these lot aren't capable of delivering it.

The sheer fact a like for like replacement wasn't lined up for the second bellend left just sums the whole club up.

Rennes paid a few bon for Sulemana didn't they?

Anyone know why he hasn't played a lot for them and why they're receptive to letting him go?

No, but that's not the point I'm making.

The club knew full well heading into the window that loans were what they had, or very small fees. They had four months, including a mid-season break, knowing that. That means they had four months to get things lined up and deals in the works.

Everton did also bid some money for players at the end of the last window - they offered Ajax money for Kudus, for example. There wasn't loads, but there was some.

They had to be more decisive, because it was clear as day what was required and not doing so threw away points just as much as sticking with Lampard did.

This is also the same bunch that last August, didn't sign a striker for four weeks when Calvert-Lewin got injured on August 1st.

There's no defending them, they're probably very, very nice people, but they're crap at their jobs when it comes to crucial, decisive moments. It runs from the top but if new people aren't changing things a year into their jobs then I question them too.

As for Sulemana, if he is the target now, then these same people that are saying the recruitment team are getting hard time of it due to managerial changes (which I accept right now, having to do business so late, isn't on them!) are also telling me Sulemana is absolutely not the right type of player for right now.... So even they're contradicting themselves.

I've not seen any of Sulemana so I have no clue if he is or not. His headline numbers are... well, bad.
Kudus was a loan initially

Again, you're sort of skirting over the point - I accept that there are considerations about managerial appointments, but strip that out of it for a minute.

We didn't have enough money to make any permanent signings, so we were stuck with trying to find players on loan (and loans with no obligations or silly fees involved) who would improve us early in the window. Danjuma fits the bill and we got gazumped, it happens. I'm genuinely struggling to think of another player who has been loaned out over the window who fits this bill.

If there have been mistakes made, let's call them out but I'm not seeing one in January given the circumstances they've been working under.

The managerial change only really comes into it with the Gordon deal as the two incidents overlap, so at that point it really does make for more sense to take a beat and see which direction the new boss wants to go in as there's suddenly a tiny bit of wiggle room in the budget to get more than a loan in.

Based on what, though?

He's got pace. That's it. He's very raw, and if we're paying £20m+ for him we need instant returns.
We might need instant returns, but I wouldn't see a 20m player needs to deliver instant returns. We've just got 45 for gordon who has shown nothing in over a year of premier League football.

The reaction to it was telling.

He knows and the rest of them do on that board that a failure to get players in today means they'll face annihilation.

If that's what they want, that's what they'll get. What's happened so far is pretty small beer in terms of protests.

There'll be a riot at that ground, and I;m not exaggerating.

Depending on what we do today the hypostasis will be tested.

There is over 100 mill in revenue that came into the club since June in player sales. Fans arent stupid.

I agree it will be no country for anyone in our administration if there a tacit assent to our relegation depending on what happens today - and i will call it if it happens - we've seen some stuff in the past but nothing like what we will see if we drop the ball today - anything below 3 attackers is dropping the ball. It will be carnage.

Serious question - are we the only team in the Prem not to have brought in a single player at this point in the window?

Status
Not open for further replies.