January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

He really does.

This madness of people assuming Dyche wouldn't be his pick when the only manager he's appointed in his entire career so far was the bald fella who went from Barnsley to New York Red Bull.

The Hat Clan love him because there's clearly info coming from near him, and Thelwell has said a lot of basic stuff that people have gone wild for

Reality is, fella is pointless

It'll get out of hand. And the rage will be justified.

I think we'd have the scenario where the board could never attend a match again and the owner in exile in Monaco would have to dismiss them and put in place a group of puppets to keep the ship afloat until a sale in the summer.

All would be lost at that stagebvant=yway so it'll make no difference.

Of course, if we get a couple of strikers in the next 12 hours then that's not a scenario I'd support being unfolded.

I saw Bill chanced a press release yesterday on Dyche.........testing the waters.

Put it another way, do you think there's any chance whatsoever that we'd be offering actual money for Sulemana if the Gordon deal hadn't happened?

The club might have been able to get a loan deal or two done (hence the Danjuma thing) and that's fine because the budget allowed for it and it's lower risk if you change manager, but affordable loans for players who clearly improve us haven't been in plentiful supply that I've noticed this month
No, but that's not the point I'm making.

The club knew full well heading into the window that loans were what they had, or very small fees. They had four months, including a mid-season break, knowing that. That means they had four months to get things lined up and deals in the works.

Everton did also bid some money for players at the end of the last window - they offered Ajax money for Kudus, for example. There wasn't loads, but there was some.

They had to be more decisive, because it was clear as day what was required and not doing so threw away points just as much as sticking with Lampard did.

This is also the same bunch that last August, didn't sign a striker for four weeks when Calvert-Lewin got injured on August 1st.

There's no defending them, they're probably very, very nice people, but they're crap at their jobs when it comes to crucial, decisive moments. It runs from the top but if new people aren't changing things a year into their jobs then I question them too.

As for Sulemana, if he is the target now, then these same people that are saying the recruitment team are getting hard time of it due to managerial changes (which I accept right now, having to do business so late, isn't on them!) are also telling me Sulemana is absolutely not the right type of player for right now.... So even they're contradicting themselves.

I've not seen any of Sulemana so I have no clue if he is or not. His headline numbers are... well, bad.

I've just looked up Onuachis stats and I want him. However, I think he'll choose Southampton. Sad, I know, but that's
how things are.

Status
Not open for further replies.