January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I ask , what quality player would choose to come to a club in our position at this stage of the season?
What would attract them apart from big wage , which we can’t afford and they’d probably receive elsewhere anyway.
Tell me how you would persuade any player to join the shabby Circus that is Everton FC at the moment?
Foot long hotdogs. Which player could resist the lure of them?

It again shows how ill-equipped he is to move a club forward. He has NEVER worked with a top player, or a top young talent. He has worked with a few decent players: Tripper, Pope, Mee, Tarkowski, Cornet and Weghorst.

But that's it. That really is shocking. Moyes and Allardyce have worked with far more quality players than that.
Do we have any of them though? Or are we likely to get any? And doesn’t everybody have to work with that type of player for the first time at some point anyway? We’re not chasing the champions league anymore, you need to get your head around that. We need to try to stay up. If we do then for the next couple of years it’s going to be baby steps to try and get back up to the right end of the table. If we don’t then we need to get promoted. Either way, an ability to work with ‘top players’ is going to be way down our list of requirements in the short/medium term.

Don't most clubs get a replacement ready when they sell a first team player? Our completely dysfunctional recruitment policy is to sell all players that are good and then sit on their hands until 11pm on last day of the transfer window before panic buying a load of turd. I honestly give up.

Not if we’re in a rush to get money for said sold player.

Don't most clubs get a replacement ready when they sell a first team player? Our completely dysfunctional recruitment policy is to sell all players that are good and then sit on their hands until 11pm on last day of the transfer window before panic buying a load of turd. I honestly give up.
I think we’ve been an absolute shambles for years but I’ve not been disappointed with this week. It looks like we’ve acted pretty quickly getting a new manager in and we’ve managed to free up a player who was having no impact for a crazy amount of money.
Now the new manager has a week with the new team before his first game and we have money to spend before the end of the window.
How well that money is spent remains to be seen…

Status
Not open for further replies.