Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
This fella knew the club needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. You have to respect that, even if you’re glad he didn’t get hired.

If we avoid relegation, will anything actually change within the club and the board? Does anyone believe we won’t be right back down fighting for our lives again next season?

We’re in a horrible purgatory right now and it’s hard to see a way out of it.

I’m really happy he’s not going to be your manager as a Leeds fan it would have really stung.

That said I think it’s foolish that you haven’t seen the bigger picture with Bielsa.

He’d have drilled your youth academy to within an inch of their lives, if you had been relegated with a caretaker in charge until the summer. Bielsa would have had no having a clear out of the deadwood in the first team. Your team would have been full of youth players saving you a fortune having to buy new players and eventually make you a fortune when they came to be sold.

He’d have set you up for the for future. But instead it’s short sighted thinking for the here and now with dyche.

That’s my biggest take away from Bielsa, he makes you think bigger picture and not just about the results.

He was loved even when losing because we saw the bigger picture in the way he worked .

You should have been prepared to take the short term pain for long term gain
But, after getting Leeds promoted he then nearly got them relegated again.
It's not as if he left the club in a wonderful position behind him...only slightly better than us and that is saying something.

I think Leeds fans love him because he brought you back to the Premiership more than any other reason.

It's not as if he left the club in a wonderful position behind him...only slightly better than us and that is saying something.

I think Leeds fans love him because he brought you back to the Premiership more than any other reason.

We finished 9th after promotion actually. There's context to his sacking including the fact that we had the worst injury crisis I've even seen at the club and a serious lack of backing for him by the board, who have instead decided to get the proverbial War Chest out for Ted Lasso.

Bielsa’s non stop action style is due to the scorpion peppers he puts down the players underpants, making them run about the place in all directions, he keeps his stock of peppers with him at all times in a special bucket
So he HIDES THEM in the bucket he sits on?

Very clever.

We finished 9th after promotion actually. There's context to his sacking including the fact that we had the worst injury crisis I've even seen at the club and a serious lack of backing for him by the board, who have instead decided to get the proverbial War Chest out for Ted Lasso.
But we're his methods the reason for the injury crisis?

Bielsas plan there demonstrates exactly why he was never the right man, now.

Pay him/his team £11m to manage the academy. Then have an interim first team manager (who?!) who is binned off in the summer.

Cmon. Fella is a loon.

I'd use a different word other than loon and that is realist. Bielsa is smart enough to know that virtually none of our first team is capable of playing under his system either now or in a year from now. At least the kids are young and presumably have the desire and stamina for it.

The fact that we were even considering Bielsa should scare the fan base silly. It is clear that either Kevin Thewall has absolutely no say in the manager (and likely transfer) decisions or he is the worst football director in history. I'm going with the former, which tells me that Moshiri is a stubborn fool who will take us all the way to administration. Sad, really sad.

Ye but you still sacked him , your defence had more holes in it than a teabag
Yes because our board were short sighted & panicked.

they should have held their nerve and he’d still be our manager. They didn’t and any Leeds fan advocating he should have been sacked was being short sighted.

if Bielsa had the backing marsch has since the summer we wouldn’t be only 3 points in front of you we’d be well clear

If true, I think the (crazy) logic goes something like this:

He thinks we have absolutely no chance of avoiding the drop without numerous signings. We accept that we will be relegated and bin off the rest of the season. The players he wants rid of continue to play in the first team with Sharpie as Gaffer. Those he wants to keep (the young, fit, strong players - Onana, Patterson, Branthwaite, Godfrey, even Gordon) join his U21s now and learn his system to prepare to win the Championship next season. He is not tainted by being associated with the relegated side and we get promoted. Absolutely bonkers and totally unrealistic but also amazing.

One would assume it would have had an impact but he obviously presented a powerpoint presentation to argue the contrary
From a physiological point of view, it is not surprising that the injuries occurred. Accumulation of fatigue over time has a tendency to lead to injuries. The other question mark was his defense system. Apart from that, I think Bielsa is a brilliant attacking coach.

It was a lot more than that, was the way we played, the character he was and the complete change of ethos he brought to the club.

Yes his teams probably have a limited shelf life because of the work he puts them through, but his first 3 years were something else.

Right manager , wrong time. Even he knew it. Shame but it is probably for the best. No matter who we hire I still think we may go down. Everything in this club is broken at the moment and I do not see a way out. Good luck to Dyche I do not like him but will back him if he is the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.