Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really happy he’s not going to be your manager as a Leeds fan it would have really stung.

That said I think it’s foolish that you haven’t seen the bigger picture with Bielsa.

He’d have drilled your youth academy to within an inch of their lives, if you had been relegated with a caretaker in charge until the summer. Bielsa would have had no having a clear out of the deadwood in the first team. Your team would have been full of youth players saving you a fortune having to buy new players and eventually make you a fortune when they came to be sold.

He’d have set you up for the for future. But instead it’s short sighted thinking for the here and now with dyche.

That’s my biggest take away from Bielsa, he makes you think bigger picture and not just about the results.

He was loved even when losing because we saw the bigger picture in the way he worked .

You should have been prepared to take the short term pain for long term gain
Sounds like a nice story in hindsight but ultimately you sacked him.

I’m really happy he’s not going to be your manager as a Leeds fan it would have really stung.

That said I think it’s foolish that you haven’t seen the bigger picture with Bielsa.

He’d have drilled your youth academy to within an inch of their lives, if you had been relegated with a caretaker in charge until the summer. Bielsa would have had no having a clear out of the deadwood in the first team. Your team would have been full of youth players saving you a fortune having to buy new players and eventually make you a fortune when they came to be sold.

He’d have set you up for the for future. But instead it’s short sighted thinking for the here and now with dyche.

That’s my biggest take away from Bielsa, he makes you think bigger picture and not just about the results.

He was loved even when losing because we saw the bigger picture in the way he worked .

Don’t rub it in mate. A small band of us were on this page. Now we get Sam Dychadice. And we’ll still go down.

Bielsa has won nothing but the Championship and his win % is average too. He was never the right man and not one for a relegation battle.

You are talking about Dyche here right, because it's actually he that has won nothing but the Championship in his managerial career, Bielsa has. Bielsa also has a better career win % average than Dyche, but do carry on mate :D

Ye but you still sacked him , your defence had more holes in it than a teabag

You are talking about Dyche here right, because it's actually he that has won nothing but the Championship in his managerial career, Bielsa has. Bielsa also has a better career win % average than Dyche, but do carry on mate :D
What has Bielsa won other than the championship? Something in Argentina I am unawares of?

So he wanted to be paid tons of cash for him and his 8 staff to have a cushy job of coaching the youngsters while we pay someone else to manage the main team and try and not get relegated and then sack the other one and let him and his congregation take over when all the hard work is done.

Laughing my head off sideways. Kin do one you absolute bell wiff.

I'm not against Bielsa but the way he's lauded relative to what he has achieved over a long career is frankly ridiculous and unwarranted.

The only thing he has "built" is an inflated reputation. That's not his issue.

It's always a red flag when you read of such gushing praise particularly when it comes from other managers, Guardiola for one. He gets on with winning in the meantime whilst Bielsa goes from A to B to C.

He might have kept us up or got us up, we don't know. But he is the antithesis of stability.

This is a depressing sentence, but the club is financially not in a position where relegation would be "short term pain". The consequences would be catastrophic for our position with the Profit and Sustainability rules of the Premier League over the next 4 to 5 years, regardless of parachute payments - even if we were to come straight back up, we would be massively hamstrung without selling a huge chunk of the squad.

It's a huge, huge risk; hopefully he's around in the summer if we do end up going down and moving Sean on, but Everton simply cannot afford to pay someone £11m to coach the kids for six months on the off chance (lets be honest, Leeds is the exception to the rule) that he might still be interested in coaching that same team in the Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.