Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had the tools he would evolve his style of play.
It’s all about this for me mate.

We heard this crap with Allardyce where he was supposed to get us safe and then suddenly get us playing nice football and loosen the shackles a bit. Allardyce got us safe (not that we were even in that much danger) and then continued to play horrible football where if I recall we went three games without a shot on target.

Yes there’s plenty of over the top negativity online but he’ll get a decent reception at the game… it’ll be up to him to keep us happy as you may have noticed we turn pretty quickly when things aren’t going well!

As a non Evertonian - Derby fan who signed up when Rooney was in the frame - it's an interesting one - I think most people are curious how Dyche would get on with a bigger club and hopefully now we find out.

Understand nobody wants to watch the ball hit long up to the big man any more but I think with better players it might be a bit different. We've got Paul Warne and my fear was the same - the footy wouldn't be worth watching - but with better players than he had at Rotherham he's given the likes of McGoldrick and Mendez-Laing the freedom to play and to be fair it's been pretty good to watch. It's not been the possession football we had with Lampard, Rooney or Rosenior but it's been on the ground, fast and exciting. If Dyche gives you something similar it could be ok. There's more than one way to win football matches - Mourinho and Ranieri aren't possession based coaches - hopefully it works.

I agree and disagree.

It’s no coincidence that we’ve become ‘soft’ since all this dress wearing/handbag donning crap came about. It is embarrassing.

Not happy about Dyche either but we are where we are and we have to give him a chance.
I normally find your posts logical and interesting but this seeming obsession with the idea that our onfield performance is in any way related to certain individuals choice of dress is borderline abusive.
I am very concerned that this is driven by underlying homophobia and has no place at our club.
Would it make any difference if certain players came out and declared themselves gay or bi?
Yes, per your previous post you are 'a dinosaur' but please dont feel that because Dyche is our likely next manager that gives you lisence to behave in a macho homophobic way.

I wouldn’t have sacked Dyche at the time we did. And I’d have kept him even if we went down.

His moving on was probably best for all parties in the end. But if kompany was to leave tomorrow, and we needed to go up or stay up yes I’d have Dyche back in.
Like many of your fellow burnley fans, you might as well convert to be an Everton fan seeing that you lot love Dyche so much. Maybe even more than your backwater brexit club lol

As a non Evertonian - Derby fan who signed up when Rooney was in the frame - it's an interesting one - I think most people are curious how Dyche would get on with a bigger club and hopefully now we find out.

Understand nobody wants to watch the ball hit long up to the big man any more but I think with better players it might be a bit different. We've got Paul Warne and my fear was the same - the footy wouldn't be worth watching - but with better players than he had at Rotherham he's given the likes of McGoldrick and Mendez-Laing the freedom to play and to be fair it's been pretty good to watch. It's not been the possession football we had with Lampard, Rooney or Rosenior but it's been on the ground, fast and exciting. If Dyche gives you something similar it could be ok. There's more than one way to win football matches - Mourinho and Ranieri aren't possession based coaches - hopefully it works.
Oh I absolutely do... just these bunch are not capable. Obviously we play it around at the back most of the time, pass it to Pickford who lumps it out of play or inevitably falls to the opposition, as we've no-one capable of challenging.
But agree, with a change of personnel it should be part of our armoury.

I don't presume to know what kind of football we will get under Dyche, but there is something to be said about having a manager who is actually keen to manage the club. In recent years it has felt to me like the managers viewed us as beneath their level and lacked the commitment to turn us around. I live in hope that we might finally have stumbled on the right man.

Let's assume our best case scenario is to somehow stay up w/ 35pts and finishing say 15th in 2023-24 after a selloff and buying a couple players off the trash heap. I can't deny that Goateed Middle Manager is probably the most likely person to make that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.