Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really can’t believe the negativity I read surrounding this possible appointment. He’s exactly what you need.

Dyche played a style of football based on the resources he had on and off the field. And at times, particularly in the championship it was far better on the eye than he gets credit for. If he had the tools he would evolve his style of play.

He was instrumental in us getting two promotions with good football with the likes of Ings and Trippier. And when he had the money signed good footballers in cornet, defour, barton.

The likes of Keane, Tarkowski and even McNeil were a million miles away from what you’ve seen at Everton.

He would be the perfect short and long term man for the job.

Just not convinced the Everton fan base realise the gravity of the situation they’re in.

He’s managed two seasons in the championship. The first season we were promoted behind a Leicester side that had the likes of vardy two years before they won the premier league. The second we dominated the league and went 23 games undefeated from Christmas to the end of the season.

He broke countless records. Including ending a 35 year wait for a win in the local derby. And we never lost against them since.

He kept us up against the odds. Had three top ten finishes.

You will be lucky to get such a brilliant manager in. I’m actually surprised it’s taken a club in this situation before he’s been seriously linked.

You had a fashionable manager in Lampard. (And plenty of other names in Ancelotti, Koeman, Silva) and where did that get Everton?

Dyche is a fantastic choice.
Would you have him back and sack Kompany?

I agree and disagree.

It’s no coincidence that we’ve become ‘soft’ since all this dress wearing/handbag donning crap came about. It is embarrassing.

Not happy about Dyche either but we are where we are and we have to give him a chance.
It is a coincidence. In fact that is probably as good a description of coincidence as you'll find. You are making a conspiracy out of a coincidence. One photoshoot cannot, and did not turn the entire squad into a terrible team and to suggest it is simply nuts
It isn't embarrassing, you are embarrassed by it. Don't wear them, I know I won't, and therefore don't care

I think we're all pretty low to start with. Dyche doesn't fill you with thoughts of playing good exciting football. But let's be honest we don't have the players to play that way. I think we need to be mean and ugly if we're going to stay up.

He obviously has faith in his ability to keep us up. Don't think many managers would want to take us over in the mess we're in.

Really can’t believe the negativity I read surrounding this possible appointment. He’s exactly what you need.

Dyche played a style of football based on the resources he had on and off the field. And at times, particularly in the championship it was far better on the eye than he gets credit for. If he had the tools he would evolve his style of play.

He was instrumental in us getting two promotions with good football with the likes of Ings and Trippier. And when he had the money signed good footballers in cornet, defour, barton.

The likes of Keane, Tarkowski and even McNeil were a million miles away from what you’ve seen at Everton.

Just not convinced the Everton fan base realise the gravity of the situation they’re in.

He’s managed two seasons in the championship. The first season we were promoted behind a Leicester side that had the likes of vardy two years before they won the premier league. The second we dominated the league and went 23 games undefeated from Christmas to the end of the season.

He broke countless records. Including ending a 35 year wait for a win in the local derby. And we never lost against them since.

You will be lucky to get such a brilliant manager in. I’m actually surprised it’s taken a club in this situation before he’s been seriously linked.

You had a fashionable manager in Lampard. (And plenty of other names in Ancelotti, Koeman, Silva) and where did that get Everton?

We do recognise the gravity (well most of us do, some are clinging on to hope). What’s concerning is the long term view. Like how many of the ‘guy to keep us up’ guys are we doing to have until there’s a break and a proper long term view is had. I think we’re down already, the lack of contingency plan for me is what’s painful

Would you have him back and sack Kompany?
I wouldn’t have sacked Dyche at the time we did. And I’d have kept him even if we went down.

His moving on was probably best for all parties in the end. But if kompany was to leave tomorrow, and we needed to go up or stay up yes I’d have Dyche back in.

We do recognise the gravity (well most of us do, some are clinging on to hope). What’s concerning is the long term view. Like how many of the ‘guy to keep us up’ guys are we doing to have until there’s a break and a proper long term view is had. I think we’re down already, the lack of contingency plan for me is what’s painful
I sincerely believe with money and resources he would evolve his style of play. Time will tell. But I’d have him over any of the other options if I was Everton.

I’m not sure Dyche will be the cool kids cup of tea… thinking about Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Willy Wonka and the Claire Balding looky likey.

Not sure Dyche will be a fan of blokes wearing skirts and lady bags etc.

Hopefully he can sort all that crap out.

Call me a dinosaur but all that stuff is highly embarrassing for EFC.
Have you ever listened to or seen an interview with Dyche? He's not the gruff throwback people seem to think he is.

I doubt he'd be remotely arsed about fashion choices. He might joke about it but he's not going to be offended or embarrassed by it.

Burnley players had points to prove.
Our current shower feel they just need to turn up ,get paid, and return to their fancy homes.
Dyches biggest problem will be to win over the dressing room,I think he won't, I wish him luck,but time will tell.

I sincerely believe with money and resources he would evolve his style of play. Time will tell. But I’d have him over any of the other options if I was Everton.
He won’t get money or resources. I’m not having a go at Dyche, he’s not the issue. My issue is with the consistently short term decisions by the board. Like, in 2 years time (because you know it’s not a short term deal because the board get played by everyone they deal with) what is this going to look like?

For those of a certain generation I give you...'The theme from Dyche'

Who's the ginger footie coach that's gonna save our illustrious Club
(Dyche)
You're damn right

Who is the man that would risk his neck when no one else would for Everton
(Dyche)
Can you dig it?

Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's a relegation fight all about?
(Dyche)
Right on

They say this cat Dyche is a bad ginger
(Shut your mouth)
But I'm talkin' 'bout Dyche
(Then we can dig it)

He's a complicated guy
He talks with a deep gruff voice like he needs to clear his throat
(Sean Dyche)

* With apologies to Isaac Hayes

I was more team Bielsa but who ever we had chosen if they lost 4 of the next 5 there would have been carnage. We have to back Dyche now relegation or not

Agree fans are looking for a miracle turnaround myself included. I just feel fans will have even less patience with Mr Dyche.

Hope I’m wrong I really do.

I just want Everton to stay in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.