2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d take Holgate or Coady at right back if Patterson isn’t fit or is making too many errors. We just need to keep the door shut and Coleman makes too many errors.

Flying fullbacks only work at the very best teams in Europe, they’re a liability everywhere else and can’t be indulged in a relegation scrap.

Our survival will be based on defending set pieces, scoring set pieces, and limiting our mistakes in open play. Ancelotti knew that and no one was complaining about the solid defence and counter attacks that took us to second in the league under him.

The fans needs to realise that as a bottom half PL side we cannot, should not, and won’t be, playing football that resembles anything like Barcelona Arsenal or Man City. Lampard was stupid for trying to do it last season and fell into the trap this season as well. Let Leeds get relegated trying to play that way whilst we grind our way to safety.

A few seasons of building solid foundations and getting players of top half quality then we can talk about style once again but some on here really do need to stop going on about the style of football it’s absolutely killing us every time we try to make poor players play a style they’re not able to.
Completely agree on the style issue. Going for Bielsa at this point would have killed us.

We need to do all those things you say on the defensive side. The ball turnover to the opposition is the key to all this. We have to fight for every ball and when we get it make sure we do something positive with it...which all sounds very simplistic but is exactly what we've not been doing. Win enough individual battles all over the pitch and we'll at least be in games to get points. Just back to the basics really.

Oh I know mate. It's safer in the short term (although by no means a sure bet that we stay up), but in the medium to longer term (i.e. the following two years of that contract), it's vaguely depressing. But we are where we are - it's hard to not admit that he represents the reality of our situation. If he keeps us up then we can look forward to Brexit ball being how we close out our final season at Goodison and how we head to our new home at Bramley Moore. Brilliant.
I'm just depressed regarding it all. Can't see him improving the attack enough to get the wins needed to stay up. Couldn't do it at Burnley and the current squad isn't really any better than some of those sides.

A ton of draws won't be enough.

Just been watching the Sean Dyche “Masterclass” videos on YouTube that someone posted on here recently. A few observations:

- My YouTube was automatically turning on subtitles for me, which made me chuckle
- He called Liverpool’s right back “Alexander-Arnold”, and not “Trent”, which was good to see
- He actually sounds as if he genuinely sets out to win games, even against the “big” teams, which is exactly what we need right now, even if as he says, it doesn’t always work. Draws won’t cut it for us, I’d rather win one and lose one, than draw two
- His tactics of a hard working and tough pressing game sound like something match going Blues could actually get behind and appreciate (we love just seeing effort), but I worry that our current set of players haven’t got it in them to put the effort in

I just hope the board back him with at least a couple of players that will suit his system, we at least see some effort in these first two games to build on, then we push on from there. He seems a genuine guy, regardless of your views on his appointment, I hope the crowd gets behind him and the team. We bloody need it.

Agree, we should have made this appointment during WC. Now Dyche has a very tricky start with 2 hard games. Some 'fans' will want him to lose.
I will sound crazy but dobt mind first game arsenal , yes will be a tough game but at home with hopefully new players in and us getting behind the team. If he can get any sort of performance fromnus could be a great start and help us push on. None of us exoect to get anything so if we do could get us going again

I mean that is shocking; how can you be in top flight football and continue to score less than a goal a game over 258 matches.

1674821694113.png

We have to wait and see what Dyche can do. He is a perceived Fat Sam MkII but let us see what he can do with these players. Burnley over achieved with Dyche and he has to take credit for that. With the turnover of players leaving the club he plugged gaps quite well while not having much of a budget. Eddie Howe had more of a budget than Dyche and he still took Bournemouth down yet is proving successful at Newcastle. We have to wait and see. All so called top managers wouldn't touch us for the reasons being our current position and very limited budget. I don't know if he will be a success here but I am not against the fact that he had Burnley playing to there strengths with little budget and losing his better players every season. That is hard to judge. If he comes then I wish him well

Our starting xi is better than Burnley’s, bad coaching has gave the impression this team is worse than it is. If Dyche is as good as these Twitter blurts are saying then he should be keeping us up comfortably.

Let’s hope he is like Moyes because our immediate future in this league is not going to come down to whether we win away at the top 6 or not.

How many games have Liverpool lost at Anfield recently? Or City at the Etihad, Arsenal at the Emirates? United are unbeaten at Old Trafford this season.

It’s very very unlikely to happen straight away .We need to get ourselves back into mid table, get better players, and then we can look at whether we can win consistently at these grounds. Otherwise you’re just hoping for a fluke which won’t happen often.
I take it you haven't seen our remaining fixtures then. Because we are going to need some unexpected results because we won't be winning all of our home games against 'easier' opposition

Let’s hope the reason Bielsa was in London was to make a deal with Moshiri to takeover in summer regardless. Appoint this baldy and sack him in summer like we did Allardyce.
Not sure if the deal is allegedly 2.5 yrs , I know we like a pay off like but ..

A left back in my opinion mate, i see Coleman, Keane and The Duke being back in play. You could be right on Godfrey now that i think of it.
Mykolenko as a left back I'm happy with. Limit his need to get forward, let him focus on defending which he's good at.
He struggles with getting back into position after we give the ball away and get countered on.

Status
Not open for further replies.