Marcelo Bielsa or Sean Dyche?

Marcelo Bielsa or Sean Dyche?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bielsa. If we're going down let's make it interesting at least
My head is sort of here, but a bit more despondent and a bit more pragmatic also.

I can’t stand Dyche. I don’t mind the football he plays as he gets his teams giving everything and that’s what we need, but I can’t stand him and I don’t want to have to see and hear him all the time.

I also think, ultimately while he has a better chance of keeping us up than Bielsa, it will only be by the skin of our teeth and little changes so we’re very likely back here again next season and the next season and the next season and eventually he’ll take us down like Burnley when it just runs it’s course.

Whereas I think Bielsa coming in relegates us, but means we HAVE to change. We change our style, but more than that we change our identity and have to put in place a system for future success. Like Leeds did.

If we appoint Bielsa we go down. I’m certain. And we probably go down spectacularly, but we should know that and not sack him when we do and come back up in better shape, feeling better as a fan base and as a club.

I'm saying Bielsa.

I get the shouts "I would have if he had a full pre-season"... However, Bielsa knows he's coming in, in the midst of chaos and with us at 19th.

He'll have a good idea of how long it takes to get players up to speed with his system and I'm sure he'd break it down into the short-term and the mid/long term.

Bielsa for a couple of years and then find a manager to take over from that high-intensity style.

giphy.gif

Not wild at the prospect of either of these, but went for Bielsa. I think Dyche is more likely to get bore draws than narrow wins, and single points here and there aren't going to be enough at this stage.

Our main problem is we cant score goals. Dyche wouldnt be changing that any time soon, even if he would organise the team. Bielsa is the opposite, and I expect we would get goals, but at both ends. I'd agree with those who've said Bielsa with a pre season, but in our current situation probably Dyche. Who knows really.

We should at the very least be keeping Bielsa warm for when we need a manager after we go down. He'd be a great option when that happens.

No idea if he could keep us up. Frankly, I don't think Dyche could either, given our squad

VERY surprised by the poll results so far.

I dont think some people realise the urgency of this situation...unless, of course, they believe in a plan that sees us take the drop, retain Bielsa, and do a Leeds from the Championship....which is wishful thinking IMO.
Embrace the chaos, David. We're going down either way so I'd rather it be a bit spicy than be served up yet more absolute dirge.

Embrace the chaos, David. We're going down either way so I'd rather it be a bit spicy than be served up yet more absolute dirge.

I'd rather we got short term a manager who can front this organisation - a big character with experience of grinding out points the ugly way.

Status
Not open for further replies.