January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not talking about one to score all the goals. I'm talking about someone that can occupy defenders, bring others into play, survive the long ball.
I suppose it depends what formation/ style the new manager will play. I’d rather see two inside forwards meaning the likes of Gray, Iwobi, Gordon, McNeil are never in the starting 11 again. If we could add a target man as well, fine.

Morning all - here’s the latest ? show FC transfer and manager rumours…..

Everton have held talks with former Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa to replace Frank Lampard as manager. (Athletic)

Journalist Alan Myers has reported that former Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa is interested in the vacant manager’s job at Everton and is the club’s number one target.

Former Everton stars Wayne Rooney, now manager of DC United, and Duncan Ferguson are also on the list, along with West Ham boss David Moyes, who managed the Toffees between 2002 and 2013.

Brentford have rejected an approach from Everton for manager Thomas Frank. (Football Insider)

Everton contacted Mauricio Pochettino during the World Cup break to see if he would be interested in the head role at Goodison Park, according to the Daily Mail.

Tony Cottee has said on Twitter that Everton should appoint Sean Dyche as their new manager now that they have sacked Frank Lampard. The former Everton striker believes that Dyche is the only manager who can rescue the Toffees

A host of names have already been linked with the job - including Marcelo Bielsa and Sean Dyche. And the latest is Marcelino Garcia Toral. Spanish publication Marca reports that Everton have made contact with Garcia Toral to learn of his ‘willingness’ to take the role.
The Spaniard has spent his entire managerial career in his homeland and has been in charge of sizeable clubs that include Sevilla, Villarreal, Valencia and Athletic Bilbao.

Newcastle United could target Evertonand England U21s winger Anthony Gordon, 21, as a replacement for Chris Wood, who joined Nottingham Forest last week. (Talksport)

Arsenal have joined the three-horse race for Everton midfielder Amadou Onana, who has become available after the sacking of Frank Lampard. Onana is one who is facing an uncertain future, despite only arriving at the club back in August. On Monday, reports claimed that he has become a target for Chelsea. But according to the Daily Express, who cite sources in Onana’s home country of Belgium, Arsenal are also in contention to sign the 21-year-old.

Former Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo is among the early front-runners for the Everton managerial position after the sacking of Frank Lampard.

Everton are tracking Sheffield United “starboy” Iliman Ndiaye in the January transfer window and proposals could arrive soon, according to Fabrizio Romano.

Meanwhile, a loan deal for Villarreal winger Arnaut Danjuma has been agreed and is likely to be announced in the next 24 hours but further reinforcements are required to help steer the club away from safety.

Havent seen Ndiyae yet, but plan to hearing really good things about the lid, attacking midfielder, with dribbling ability capable of goals and assists.

It'd only be possible if we sell Gordon.

Even then, Sheff Utd can't currently sign players and Ndiaye is crucial to their promotion push.

Cheers mate, maybe if we sold some peripherals, though id say the club is in chaos at the moment.

Looks like a canny investment which would rule us out. Seems more central then young Flash, so wouldn't be a like for like, but i get what you mean in terms of headroom with finance.

Cheers mate, maybe if we sold some peripherals, though id say the club is in chaos at the moment.

Looks like a canny investment which would rule us out. Seems more central then young Flash, so wouldn't be a like for like, but i get what you mean in terms of headroom with finance.
Issue we have with 'peripherals' as such - ya Keane's, ya Holgate's etc - is that the only clubs that want them are our relegation-threatened rivals, and they have as it stands only tried on loan. And understandably we need cash and don't want to loan out players to our rivals.

It depends how desperate we get. If S'ton offer a £3m loan fee for Keane then maybe we'll have to blink.

But in reality, selling Gordon is a good decision. It was a good decision in the summer - but I don't mind them asking for £40m especially since Chelsea throw money about. But if they can get a £30m up front fee and then some add ons in the next week, get rid.

Gordon will never be the player Everton need him to be in the short term.

Issue we have with 'peripherals' as such - ya Keane's, ya Holgate's etc - is that the only clubs that want them are our relegation-threatened rivals, and they have as it stands only tried on loan. And understandably we need cash and don't want to loan out players to our rivals.

It depends how desperate we get. If S'ton offer a £3m loan fee for Keane then maybe we'll have to blink.

But in reality, selling Gordon is a good decision. It was a good decision in the summer - but I don't mind them asking for £40m especially since Chelsea throw money about. But if they can get a £30m up front fee and then some add ons in the next week, get rid.

Gordon will never be the player Everton need him to be in the short term.

Nice one mate. It would be pretty stupid to loan to relegation rivals to be fair to us - maybe that why we are seeing the random Italian links for the likes of Keane, the last week will be haywire so we will see.

I wouldn't agree on Gordon mate, id be firmly in the keep camp, though we are doing a pretty good job of running the lad out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.