2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please quote the post where he suggested this?

...I will not. As I now see what you're talking about. That's my bad I thought you were joining the John convo with me about him being prolific since Carlo.

toddlers-and-tiaras-big-grin.gif

Because you're suggesting he scored zero goals before Carlo arrived, which you know isn't true, so you're being a moron and I will call you one for being one.
What are you talking about? I said I think his overall record for us is 59 goals in 210 games. Isn’t that correct?

Edit - just catching up on the chat..

I know people blame injuries but I don’t know if it’s managers. I reckon ancelotti changed his game. Told him to just be a fox in the box and his job is just to score goals. The two managers who have followed have just carried on with that.

Be interesting to see how he plays under dyche(if we get him).
With less quality in midfield supplying opportunities now than compared to Ancelotti season.

Under a Dyche, he will have to run more, I don't personally believe he is physically up to it, reckon we would see a breakdown with injury 2 or so games in.

Yeh he’s definitely not the same player. Can’t blame him, those are some bad injuries for his game. Shame, he used to be a nightmare for defenders. Always remember a game vs Arsenal years back when he almost got both their centre halves sent off.
It can take a while to get back to fitness especially for athletic players. If you don’t rely on pace and power coming back is easier.
The issue seems to be that he is struggling to get back to his peak level before breaking down again.

It's a shame how it's worked out with DCL. He's a target man, and can't make goals himself. At a time where have no creativity, and no one to make crosses, through balls or assists of any kind, he's in our team at the wrong time.
Was thinking about our tactical limitations under Joe Royle, and how we at least had the option of good crosses by Hinchcliffe to Rideout and Ferguson. I wish we'd try something like this with DCL at least, If only there was someone with a sweet left or right foot, and crosses to DCL and Mina would give us maybe 10 goals a season.
We need something.

It's a shame how it's worked out with Dominic Calvert-Lewin. He's a target man, and can't make goals himself. At a time where have no creativity, and no one to make crosses, through balls or assists of any kind, he's in our team at the wrong time.
Was thinking about our tactical limitations under Joe Royle, and how we at least had the option of good crosses by Hinchcliffe to Rideout and Ferguson. I wish we'd try something like this with Dominic Calvert-Lewin at least, If only there was someone with a sweet left or right foot, and crosses to Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Mina would give us maybe 10 goals a season.
We need something.

What you say is spot on. Has to be down to the players selected and tactics set out by the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.