January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realise how utterly insane this sentence is, right?

I mean you have played football, you surely know there is VERY little difference about which side of the pitch you play in midfield, right?
I'm not going to pretend it makes sense but I think it's just a fact at this point that the guy is a much better player when not over there. Stop asking him to do the things he can't do.

I've said several times today I think they're good enough to finish a comfortable 15th.
right and look at the table now...

There's 5 points between 13th and 20th.

So there's 8 teams in the mix. Of those 8 teams, I'd expect six - based on the quality of their squads - to fill the bottom six places at the end of the season. We're in that 6.

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 16.58.10.png

That if a player switches 10 yards across a football pitch he cant perform.

I'm gonna half stick up for @TheBigIguana here in the sense that Iwobi is definitely better when he's more towards the left touchline than right when it comes to the numbers - i.e. he's more dangerous from that side. Like how we can say that Gray is definitely more dangerous playing left wing than right wing.

What annoys me slightly about Ig's comments on it is that he seems to disregard things Iwobi does like hitting the ball at a player 2 yards in front of him, or miscontrolling simple passes, or making an erratic decision, just because he's on the right side of central midfield and not 15 yards to the left.

That's where the issue is for me. I'm not disputing Iwobi is better when he's more towards the left of the pitch because generally he is. But where you play on the field doesn't mean you can't do simple things right and lately he's been doing simple things badly.

Still the only creative player we have from midfield, mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.