January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently as part of the Patterson payments I’m told. Not trying to be itk, just info I’ve been told today
Don’t really see the logic if so. Davies with 6 months left on his contract is worth buttons so would offset very little of the Patterson fee. We can’t lose both Doucoure and Davies from the squad and would at least command some sort of half decent fee for Doucoure so surely more sensible to sell him and if need be put some of that towards Patterson payment.

1673108000414.png

We need adult supervision

I know that the board are at fault for the majority of the problems at the club, I think that is obvious to most.

However, you can’t give the DoF grace for every window when we are absolutely toothless going forward.

Thelwell hasn’t been there for long, yet he’s overseen the signings of Maupay and McNeil to replace Richarlison. Whilst having months to get a fwd player in as a priority and we are nowhere near signing one. The longer we go without a decent forward, the more he has to take blame for it.

Why does he have to take blame?

As I said before we could of signed emanuual Dennis on the 1st of January. Is that the type of player you want in? Would you be praising thelwell for how fast he acted? Or would you be kicking off that hes blown our merger budget on crap.

Because thats they calibre of players we would of been bringing in this early in the window. You chastised him for mcneil and Maupay but there the type of players we would of ended up with.

Its not like there's this slew of world beaters going to every other team battling relegation and were sat there with out finger up our noses.

Look at Southampton they've just signed a 30yo lad who's never left the Russian league. If we'd of signed him there would of been meltdowns.

You cant have it both ways. As I said before ill wait till the window is closed to make my decisions on the window.

In your own time Kev

Family time at Nandos today and golf tomorrow with his bezzy mate King Kenny at Hillside

Monday he wanted to clean his desk a bit, get rid of his 2022 folders and change them to 2023 folders, one for every month and within that are additional folders for each week and within that are folders for each day and within that are folders for am & pm

Everybody knows it goes beyond the DoF, just as everybody knows it goes beyond the manager. The entire forum is full of people blaming the board, and there are chants against them at the ground. People are not missing the bigger picture here, but it’s important to remember that 2 things can be true at the same time.

Well thats strange because im not seeing people blame kenwright or dbb or Moshiri.

All im seeing is "wheres kopite kev" "in your own time kev" "whats thelwell doing" "we should of had players in by now, thelwell on holiday?" Ect.

Thelwell if he isnt up to scratch or if lampard fails. They are both the symptoms and everytime all the fans fall for it when one of them get the axe.

As I said before we could of signed emanuual Dennis on the 1st of January. Is that the type of player you want in? Would you be praising thelwell for how fast he acted? Or would you be kicking off that hes blown our merger budget on crap.

Because thats they calibre of players we would of been bringing in this early in the window. You chastised him for mcneil and Maupay but there the type of players we would of ended up with.

Its not like there's this slew of world beaters going to every other team battling relegation and were sat there with out finger up our noses.

Look at Southampton they've just signed a 30yo lad who's never left the Russian league. If we'd of signed him there would of been meltdowns.

You cant have it both ways. As I said before ill wait till the window is closed to make my decisions on the window.

Because that’s his job. If we get to the end of the window without a goalscorer, that’s on him.

He’s already signed off on 2 attacking players, who have both failed. If he fails to bring another in and we go down because of it, he’s failed at his job again.

We’ve been too dismissive of peoples failures at our club, which is why we are where we are. We can’t continue to make excuses for people, and that goes for Frank and Thelwell.

Well thats strange because im not seeing people blame kenwright or dbb or Moshiri.

All im seeing is "wheres kopite kev" "in your own time kev" "whats thelwell doing" "we should of had players in by now, thelwell on holiday?" Ect.

Thelwell if he isnt up to scratch or if lampard fails. They are both the symptoms and everytime all the fans fall for it when one of them get the axe.

One of the most active threads on this site is the Board thread, there’s a protest against the board at the next game.

Almost every fan is blaming the board for being the main reason we are where we are, and rightly so.

Suggest you look at the board thread where they are all getting pelters.

Thelwell hasn’t covered himself in glory with his awful transfers thus far. The forwards we went into the season with were never ever going to be good enough, and plenty said so at the time.

Well, we all accept that we couldn't have signed Rashford and Kane on loan on 1st January, with contracts of £15.75 a week, nobody knows how much transfer money the DoF has at his disposal, and what Lampard's view of who he wants is. (Dodgy gramnar, there, I suspect ). Consequently, allocation of blame isn't entirely straightforward. Nevertheless, we've signed inadequate and insufficient players in the summer, and every week without reinforcements now will likely result in vital points lost. Maybe if we sign a real good 'un toward the end of the window, delay might be justified, but if we lose games this month, only to eventually sign a journeyman or worse, then who else can you blame for poor transfer performance than the DoF?

Status
Not open for further replies.