January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell him and you may as well relegate us now. Plus I can’t remember the last time a top side signed a goalkeeper halfway through the season. I can only see him going to Spurs. No way they will drop Loris halfway through the season.

I imagine we have pulled the deal because we now want to insert a relegation release clause. This has probably led to some disagreement with his agent over the fee of the clause.
I don’t get these people. We should keep Pickford. Sell Gordon if we need money.

I'm not sure on the numbers but the last thing we can afford is to waste more money on dross by going into panic mode

We sold our best player in the summer and replaced them with a load of dross. At some point you get relegated when you don't learn any lessons.

Our wage bill is already far too high so we need to reduce it not increase it. The rumours of 100k a week contracts for Iwobi and Gordon suggest we have learned nothing.

Again, dont disagree.

Like you, I see little evidence of much decent transfer work for some years, but IF we find, or maybe have found, a few players that fit the bill, we should be able to get them. Accounts wise.

The fall out will be bad news for the owner, which is hardly new news is it?

I'm not sure on the numbers but the last thing we can afford is to waste more money on dross by going into panic mode

We sold our best player in the summer and replaced them with a load of dross. At some point you get relegated when you don't learn any lessons.

Our wage bill is already far too high so we need to reduce it not increase it. The rumours of 100k a week contracts for Iwobi and Gordon suggest we have learned nothing.
Madness.

Mamardashvili (Valencia) would be a good Pickford replacement.

Mo Kudus and Jonathan David could add the pace and goals we need while id not be shocked to see Lampard trying for Tammy Abraham.

Ridiculous piece of business. They didn't even pick the lad then he got injured in his first start.

What a farce
Again nothing wrong with the signing in isolation - a promising young player for a relatively small fee - but that £9m could have been much better spent towards getting a deal for a forward over the line.

Lampard sees Garner as a 6 too, but he just isn't, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.