New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'll see if I can find the plans again Dave. The last one I seen was the boundary line right up against the stand.

Edit : Yes I've just checked Dave (and they are the new plans as that new step section on the West Stand is on them) and the boundary line is right up against the North stand.
So they’ve built it approx 5-10mtrs too far north AND a full size pitch won’t fit? Ffs, Everton that, kenwrongs fault, should have let Meis build it, DBB should be sacked, etc etc

Here's the in-filled Wellington Dock prior to the midden being erected by UU.

View attachment 197531

You can clearly see there that the existing boundary land was half and half with the Bramley Moore dock. Obviously the North Stand has taken up a fair chunk of that and little will remain on 'our' side.

Why UU require a massive access road on that side of their plant though is another matter. The Sandon Dock on the other side which they also operate from will surely be the important side of that works.

I said the other day I've not seen that access road of theirs next to the stadium site used once in all the drone footage we have. Ok, that might be a night time activity and we dont see it, but I doubt they need what is in effect a three lane access road there.

The docks should be working for the whole business community down there and there should be a different shape to that boundary that reflects that.

Who knows mate. Could probably ado woth an image when the Dock wasn't filled in tbh, for all we know that picture may show land we've borrowed and we started using it immediately.

Maybe UU CEO is a raging Kopite and refuses to sell us the land or maybe they do use that land (at night like you suggested)

All we know is we have to work within a certain space and Everton were happy with the space offered

Who knows mate. Could probably ado woth an image when the Dock wasn't filled in tbh, for all we know that picture may show land we've borrowed and we started using it immediately.

Maybe UU CEO is a raging Kopite and refuses to sell us the land or maybe they do use that land (at night like you suggested)

All we know is we have to work within a certain space and Everton were happy with the space offered
Oh I think UU have been entitled to use their side of that boundary between the two docks. Everton have used their land on that side and there's only a tiny sliver left to get access to that North Stand. That was their choice to do it that way and UU are under no obligation to EFC.

But a utilitarian approach should be adopted in a civic community if possible.

It shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for EFC / UU / Peel in the future to revisit this and look at the land rent.

?‍♂️

Oh I think UU have been entitled to use their side of that boundary between the two docks. Everton have used their land on that side and there's only a tiny sliver left to get access to that North Stand. That was their choice to do it that way and UU are under no obligation to EFC.

But a utilitarian approach should be adopted in a civic community if possible.

It shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for EFC / UU / Peel in the future to revisit this and look at the land rent.

?‍♂️

Possibly mate, but then that would be Everton chucking another 50-100m on an extension.

Could happen if we are successful again

@Bluestar You see where that blue, red and yellow cherry pickers are, thats not our land, thats owned by UU. Where that brick Facade is (which will have the Leitch criss cross pattern, just to the left of that is a black post with a white base. In between that post and the brick facade is where the access road will be (once UU take their land back they've borrowed)

That was my understanding anyway mate, I might be wrong though as its been known 79% of the time ;)
You’re probably right. In my head I assumed there would be access all the way round.

You’re probably right. In my head I assumed there would be access all the way round.
If as @maccavennie says that land has been borrowed from UU it at least underlines that the UU plant functions pefectly well without all that space it's loaned to LOR / EFC to get this stadium built...

The fact is that land is maximised best for stadium access rather than a plant next door that doesn't require it to make its business work efficiently.

If as @maccavennie says that land has been borrowed from UU it at least underlines that the UU plant functions pefectly well without all that space it's loaned to LOR / EFC to get this stadium built...

The fact is that land is maximised best for stadium access rather than a plant next door that doesn't require it to make its business work efficiently.
The road belongs to the Council, its an access road, you know, to give access to both the plant and the stadium.

But keep banging on about a road, please, its amusing me.

Here's the in-filled Wellington Dock prior to the midden being erected by UU.

View attachment 197531

You can clearly see there that the existing boundary land was half and half with the Bramley Moore dock. Obviously the North Stand has taken up a fair chunk of that and little will remain on 'our' side.

Why UU require a massive access road on that side of their plant though is another matter. The Sandon Dock on the other side which they also operate from will surely be the important side of that works.

I said the other day I've not seen that access road of theirs next to the stadium site used once in all the drone footage we have. Ok, that might be a night time activity and we dont see it, but I doubt they need what is in effect a three lane access road there.

The docks should be working for the whole business community down there and there should be a different shape to that boundary that reflects that.
The part of the UU plant near the stadium is tertiary biological treatment. It’s a sequential batch reactor. There won’t be much need for access until something goes wrong or maintenance is required. Then loads of access is required. It is a vital part of the wastewater treatment and cost £200m to put in a few years ago.

Whether they need the full width of that area for maintenance is moot. There may be some negotiation to be done. Be warned though, Peel and UU hate each other. Peel lost a massive court case to UU over the Manchester Ship Canal and there is no love lost between them.