New Everton Stadium Discussion

The part of the UU plant near the stadium is tertiary biological treatment. It’s a sequential batch reactor. There won’t be much need for access until something goes wrong or maintenance is required. Then loads of access is required. It is a vital part of the wastewater treatment and cost £200m to put in a few years ago.

Whether they need the full width of that area for maintenance is moot. There may be some negotiation to be done. Be warned though, Peel and UU hate each other. Peel lost a massive court case to UU over the Manchester Ship Canal and there is no love lost between them.
There'll be new relations forged with Everton's presence as neighbour for all parties concerned. Football club's - or should I say successful football clubs - usually get their way, one way or another.

We know the legal issues and physical boundaries, but that's only half the story. Everton are going to shake up that area big time. Other actors will have to respond.

This is from the Design and Access statement. Am I reading this right? It looks to me that entrance in and out of that north stand will be at either end of the North Stand with no access points across the length of that stand as per the South Stand.

View attachment 197513

Will that lead to bottle necks at the West Stand-North Stand corner of the site?
I think they’re just accessible entry points for wheelchairs etc. I’m sure there’ll be standard entry gates right around the ground, if that’s what you’re asking?

There'll be new relations forged with Everton's presence as neighbour for all parties concerned. Football club's - or should I say successful football clubs - usually get their way, one way or another.

We know the legal issues and physical boundaries, but that's only half the story. Everton are going to shake up that area big time. Other actors will have to respond.
They are, no doubt.

UU would probably be reasonable, providing they don’t compromise their future operation and maintenance requirements. The other issue is whether the Environment Agency are minded to apply tighter consents on the works. In which case, they may need the land.

In my mind though, UU could probably grant access whilst retaining the lease. They could take it back to perform occasional maintenance.

If as @maccavennie says that land has been borrowed from UU it at least underlines that the UU plant functions pefectly well without all that space it's loaned to LOR / EFC to get this stadium built...

The fact is that land is maximised best for stadium access rather than a plant next door that doesn't require it to make its business work efficiently.

It looks to me that the tower gate at Regent Road would be the issue, when finished they get their side and we get ours as another access point into the sites.

Any idea what length of time the 'long tem lease' is?

They'd have to have good relations if they wanted to stay there, presumably?
not got a clue mate or of the conditions of the lease. Not sure that failing to give up their previously agreed and leased land to some new neighbour would be classed as bad form enough to get turfed off though.

not got a clue mate or of the conditions of the lease. Not sure that failing to give up their previously agreed and leased land to some new neighbour would be classed as bad form enough to get turfed off though.
That plant will be processing the turds of our great grandchildren and beyond.
Not exactly the kind of facility you can just pack up and move elsewhere easily is it, all things considered.

Here's to another 100 years next to a turdpit.

The boundary line runs from the middle 'turrret' of the northernmost dock wall entrance. Everton are currently operating the UU side of that. It's not the councils service road it belongs to UU.
Screenshot_20221220_232629_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

The boundary line runs from the middle 'turrret' of the northernmost dock wall entrance. Everton are currently operating the UU side of that. It's not the councils service road it belongs to UU.
View attachment 197556
The small 'circles' behind the north stand are the steel supports at the back of the stand. Everton's service road will run through this which runs under the stand.

The small 'circles' behind the north stand are the steel supports at the back of the stand. Everton's service road will run through this which runs under the stand.
That's pathetically narrow.

The stadium has been shoe-horned into this space.

I think only now with the stadium well on its way to completion the reality of that is becoming apparent.

Was it beyond the wit of EFC and Peel to come to an agreement on leases regarding part of the UU plant access road - that they so obvioulsy dont require - to become part of the stadium's footprint?

I just dont believe if LFC building were a stadium down there that solution wouldn't have been reached.

It's all 18 months at least away, and as the saying goes: 'tomorrow never knows'. But when the site opens this lack of space will become painfully obvious IMO.

That's pathetically narrow.

The stadium has been shoe-horned into this space.

I think only now with the stadium well on its way to completion the reality of that is becoming apparent.

Was it beyond the wit of EFC and Peel to come to an agreement on leases regarding part of the UU plant access road - that they so obvioulsy dont require - to become part of the stadium's footprint?

I just dont believe if LFC building were a stadium down there that solution wouldn't have been reached.

It's all 18 months at least away, and as the saying goes: 'tomorrow never knows'. But when the site opens this lack of space will become painfully obvious IMO.

It will be sound Dave, give up. People who actually know what they are doing have designed this while considering parameters that even you haven't opened your mind up to yet. Just give it a rest.

Merry Christmas.

It will be sound Dave, give up. People who actually know what they are doing have designed this while considering parameters that even you haven't opened your mind up to yet. Just give it a rest.

Merry Christmas.
It's not a matter of giving up - this isn't a game.

No designer on earth can make space available that isn't there for them to use in the first place.

It'll work. There's no question of that. But there's other considerations to just simply working - and working for what we currently are set up for.

I think we'd all agree if there were more space, that'd be a good thing - for the present and future. Right?