2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He blamed the players again today and I just don't know how anyone can't see that as just embarrassing considering he does the same every time things go south
Would you rather he sucked up to them like Martinez regularly did? He’s put 21 different players out from the start in both games and they’ve all put in 2 trash performances, the last time he done it before this week was Palace away, we beat United the week after

He blamed the players again today and I just don't know how anyone can't see that as just embarrassing considering he does the same every time things go south
Absolutely everyone is to blame today. He got it wrong, his tactics were woeful, but players played without intensity and commitment, lost their individual battles and made basic errors.

The players deserve to be called out but so does he.

Would you rather he sucked up to them like Martinez regularly did? He’s put 21 different players out from the start in both games and they’ve all put in 2 trash performances, the last time he done it before this week was Palace away, we beat United the week after
People like Ancelotti can get away with blaming players because they've the record to back it up. Lampard is entitled based off of a playing career.

Biggest thing for me today was that B'mouth can score goals. They got two v Spurs and three v Leeds - and could have scored more that day.

But they can't defend at all and they could hardly have had an easier day in that regard today. We're just so bad at attacking.
Think maupay was the only striker happy to come in as reserve. I think we thought dcl would be fit. Everyone knows where we need to strengthen. No point starting yet again in my opinion

Absolutely everyone is to blame today. He got it wrong, his tactics were woeful, but players played without intensity and commitment, lost their individual battles and made basic errors.

The players deserve to be called out but so does he.
He also said he took full responsibility, quite literally in his club interview

He said he took full responsibility. He was asked if he agreed with what Coady had said (players to blame) and he said yes but as the manager he takes 'ultimate responsibility'.

He said he took full responsibility. He was asked if he agreed with what Coady had said (players to blame) and he said yes but as the manager he takes 'ultimate responsibility'.
'yes I agree players are to blame but I take full responsibility' is a bit of a 'I kind of have to say this' isn't it?

Think maupay was the only striker happy to come in as reserve. I think we thought Dominic Calvert-Lewin would be fit. Everyone knows where we need to strengthen. No point starting yet again in my opinion
We didnt need a back up though. I dont know why it was framed like that. Calvert-Lewin cannot be considered a first choice player when he is so rarely available.

I dont know if it was lampard, Thelwell, the board or whoever who decided to rely entirely on Dom but they need to rectify in the first week of January. That might mean spending proper money on a first choice striker as well. The alternative is doing nothing, and getting relegated.

Onana is capable of picking the odd pass but as a deep lying playmaker? Not for me. Turns over possession too much.

I don't think you're going to see Onana and Garner as a pair in midfield. Both new to this league. I think they'd get outplayed every bit as much as we did today.

I didnt say hed be a deep playmaker.

Having him and Garner would mean 2 all rounders in front of the defence and i doubt they would get outpayed with the game in front of them.

The players definitely need to be called out on these performances, but the more he does it in public he will certainly lose the dressing room.
especially in this era of football.
I like lamps and I don't want to see us doing the same old same old and restarting the whole cycle again, but things have to seriously change soon.
We have zero identity on pitch week in week out, but without a proper strike force on the pitch let alone good alternatives on the bench can you really put the blame at his door.
If once he has these missing pieces his tactics still don't change then he can be held totally accountable.

One thing though, I want to see Garner brought into that midfield and dictate the play.
Also any player not permanently making space for a forward pass at every opportunity needs to be hauled off and retaught the basics of football....

But what has he done to address anything? They haven't scored since the preseason. He plays pretty much the same guys and everything on the pitch looks pretty much the same. It may be unfixable because of the talent but if he has no other ideas on how to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic, they need to find someone who does or the end result seems predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.