2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the annoyance for me

everyone knew in the summer we'd need time and would be in for another tough season, but as soon as it's got properly bad again the knives are out
Lampard's naivety brought a lot of this on himself. If he didn't recognise the upset and anger he would cause by making 11 changes and losing in the cup, then he doesnt understand what is expected at this club. He disrespected the fans so of course he was going to get called out.

Expectations are rightly very low but there is no situation where losing these 3 games in a week, and in this manner, is ever going to be ok. We are 17th and in trouble. My aim for this season was progress of any description in the right direction but we've actually gone back.

I didnt expect him to make these kind of mistakes. I didnt expect him to get so many things so wrong in such a short period of time. And we've all seen before how this ends. Once you see scenes like today then its a matter of time.

Lampard's naivety brought a lot of this on himself. If he didn't recognise the upset and anger he would cause by making 11 changes and losing in the cup, then he doesnt understand what is expected at this club. He disrespected the fans so of course he was going to get called out.

Expectations are rightly very low but there is no situation where losing these 3 games in a week, and in this manner, is ever going to be ok. We are 17th and in trouble. My aim for this season was progress of any description in the right direction but we've actually gone back.

I didnt expect him to make these kind of mistakes. I didnt expect him to get so many things so wrong in such a short period of time. And we've all seen before how this ends. Once you see scenes like today then its a matter of time.
Right Tim but our first-team got beat today didn't they? And convincingly so?

We're just crap with a manager who atm can't see the wood for the trees.

Right Tim but our first-team got beat today didn't they?
They did and thats the bigger concern

But we'll never know if our best available side would have beat their reserves in the cup

These last 3 games have been dire and we are 17th. The only reason he's not getting the sack is everyone is fed up sacking managers and scared who the board might find next. Thats not a good situation to be in.

They did and thats the bigger concern

But we'll never know if our best available side would have beat their reserves in the cup

These last 3 games have been dire and we are 17th. The only reason he's not getting the sack is everyone is fed up sacking managers and scared who the board might find next. Thats not a good situation to be in.
Okay but regardless of that result we'd still be 17th in the league if we lost today?

Good post that

Lampard is so raw and is still learning. This week we have seen his big mistakes due to not being experienced enough and caused a massive dark cloud over the club as you cant make too many mistakes at this level. Lampard will make more mistakes over the season cos he a rookie.

We can't afford a quality experienced manager right now so we have to support our rookie.

The 3rd goal, albeit we had probably thrown the towel in by then, starts with Gueye committing a Gomes style totally half arsed tackle, which was a clear foul.

The defending from the resulting free kick was pure Keystone Cops.

Professional footballers, committed to their club and playing for their manager, just don’t collectively play like that.

If he hasn’t lost the team, it is an even bigger indictment, because if that was them playing for Lampard, heaven help us.

Yes, but the mood would also not have been poor this week if we hadn't got thrashed 4-1. These things have an effect and losing is never helpful.

I dont believe someone is suitable to manage Everton if they think 11 changes

Yes, but the mood would also not have been poor this week if we hadn't got thrashed 4-1. These things have an effect and losing is never helpful.

I dont believe someone is suitable to manage Everton if they think 11 changes is OK.

Expecially with players who have let us down over and over. He should have played the kids instead of Keane and co.

I dont believe someone is suitable to manage Everton if they think 11 changes is OK.
My only thing with the changes is that I don't think our first team is good at all - which was proved today.

Gana, Onana, DCL weren't available - so there's 3 that were forced. I think Mina needed a run-out and Vinagre should have played (dunno why he didn't make the bench today) - there's 5.

I'd have made 5-6 changes myself, but still not convinced we'd have had enough because, as continuously proved, we're rubbish. We are just rubbish. I don't think any Everton side right now is good enough to win games, because we carry no attacking threat and the rest of the team are being set up wrong.

Expecially using players who have let the club down over and over. Keane should never play again for us. Dac

Expecially with players who have let us down over and over. He should have played the kids instead of Keane and co.
agree with that, no need to play Keane, probably no need to play Holgate.

Let's not forget though one of the changes that came in was our first-choice RB and our only available striker.

He’s completely toast imo. It’s a shame because I like him as a person and he saved us from certain doom last season, but he is done.
dunno, I tend to think with this Everton would act quickly or not at all.

If there's no rumblings in the next day or so then he's here. The squad fly out to Aus in like three or four days.

I'm just glad I'm in Qatar and hopefully can't find any excuse to watch us get hammered by Celtic's C team.

dunno, I tend to think with this Everton would act quickly or not at all.

If there's no rumblings in the next day or so then he's here. The squad fly out to Aus in like three or four days.

I'm just glad I'm in Qatar and hopefully can't find any excuse to watch us get hammered by Celtic's C team.
You in Qatar mate? As a fan or working?

Status
Not open for further replies.